Sporting Goals for 2013

oscarsdad

Daydreaming at work this morning and thought about what I would like to achieve next year in my country sports...thought it may make an interesting thread.

My aims are:

Shooting:

• Actually hit something on beaters day!
  • Book a stalk and get my first deer
  • 100 bird day decoying
  • First goose / experience of wildfowling
  • Get my cocker trained up for the 2013-2014 season
  • Shoot a grouse on the glorious 12th and have my cocker retreive it
  • Consistently hit 70% on sporting clays

Fishing:

• First ever sea trout
  • 5lb bass on the fly rod
  • 10lb barbel
  • 2.5lbs river grayling on a dry fly

Archery:

• get up to master bowman classification (which will be a tough ask)

What are the aims of you lot for next year? May be interesting to track them on this thread with photos throughout the year.

Anthony

Edited by oscarsdad

Shoehorn how about a lesson with a good coach and don't forget gunfit. Finally you could always transfer to the South! LOL

Phil,

The first 2 I have considered, but I shoot for fun and the craic

SOUTH!!!!, I used to live in Norfolk so I could claim grandad rights and shoot for them.

Its a shame we have such a pool of talent up North, otherwise my scores might be up there :innocent:

I think I finished 12th at Sporting Targets for the North, close but no banana...

:shaun:

I still want my first Cod from the beach this year though their don't seem many about at present , it would be nice to beat the half dozen I managed last year.

Also on the shooting front I want my first woodcock which is a difficult in these parts.

Not managed a ton bag of pigeons on winter rape yet either but again that will be a toughie.

I still want my first Cod from the beach this year though their don't seem many about at present , it would be nice to beat the half dozen I managed last year.

Also on the shooting front I want my first woodcock which is a difficult in these parts.

Not managed a ton bag of pigeons on winter rape yet either but again that will be a toughie.

I have heard of this mythical "cod" of which you speak. I believe they once were caught from our shores....never seen one myself either.

Edited by oscarsdad

stalk and shoot a munjac..and to get into lamping rabbits more

i shoot loads of foxes but never bother with rabbits but im going to start..and shoot more gray squirrels..shot 2 yesterday walking thru the woods and really enjoyed it.

Did you cook then mate? They are actually quite nice slow cooked in water and then use the meat in fajitas or similar. Oscar and I got 14 in an afternoon last year...great fun.