Hello all,

I have a friendly family farm on the outskirts of Leicester, for the last year or so I have been renting out our shepherds hut to pigeon shooters.

If anyone is interested then let me know.

The concept is flexible, but what works well is for the shooters to arrive in the afternoon before the shoot day, so I can show you around the farm and point out some good spots. We can then use the quad to stash the decoying equipment into the hedge next to the chosen spot. Then after a couple of pints in the dog and gun you get a good nights sleep in the shepherds hut, get up ridiculously early, and wander over to your spot, and try your luck.

I will be around, but the idea is I largely give you the lay of the land and leave you to it.

The hut has a double bed and a camp bed, so it easily sleeps two.

I think I can stick my neck out and say that everyone who has been has had a great time, if anyone on here has been it would be great to hear from you.

I have all the decoy equipment if you need to borrow it.

You just need to bring your gun, license and insurance.

the price is £50 per person for a night in the hut and a days shooting.

Check out my website www.thepigeonhut.com it is very new, and a work in progress, but it will give you an idea.

Many thanks

Will

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I wasn't expecting such interest.

If you go onto the website there is a video done by a french student driven mad by pigeons showing you around the bathroom. (Have a look in the gallery section)

For all your other halves I can confirm that there is a toilet and shower, 100 yards away.

Dogs are welcome.

As to the number of pigeons, I am always nervous of saying, as if you come and there aren't any I feel awful, however we are just next to Leicester so we tend to get more than our fair share. We have 250 acres split between rape and wheat.

And yes you are welcome all year.

I hope this has answered all the questions.

let me know if I have forgotten anything.

Will

Hi Nelson, welcome to the forum, I'm surprised it took you so long. :mellow:

You probably don't remember me now - it was a fair while ago now.

Guy's, my Brother and I have lamped that farm and have seen absolutely massive rape damage all over the place, to the point that I wondered how rape can pay. I don't do shotguns and still occasionally lamp neighbouring land but rest assured the farm could justifiably be renamed 'Pigeon Galore Farm'

There's a nice new Wetherspoons restaurant about a mile away too. It's not a pub mind, but you couples can have either a nice quiet lane, or field foot path stroll most of the way to it for a couple of drinks with a meal. My lad works in the kitchen.

Edited by Dave-G

:good: I've gotta say, this looks fantastic.

I have thousands of acres to shoot over, but I haven't got a little shed to stay in. It looks so inviting, especially with a night in the Dog and Gun beforehand.

I think I might be looking at getting some sort of shed sorted. I'll have a word with the landowner(Just for myself ,I don't mean to steal your fantastic idea and let it out.) :good:

Dave,

You are one generation out, I am Will, Nelsons son. I will remember you to him.

I am glad to hear you remember us fondly. and yes over the years we definitely seem to have had more than our fair share of pigeons.

Nugget,

Glad you like the idea, hopefully see you next year.

Caeser,

Cheers. and you are right there is something very nice about warming up in a hut infront of a wood-burner after a days shooting. rather than jumping straight back into the 21st century.