Red diesel / VOSA

BRNDL

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vosa have been know to randamly select diesel vechiles from dvla data base and knock the registered keeper up at stupid oclock & dip the tank. Everything from a fiesta to a tranny.

Yep had this done years ago.Saturday morning 8 am landrover pulls up and 2 blokes flashing i d badges saying they had come to test my diesel.

Bizarrely enough there was a check and dip set up near newcastle airport on thursday afterenoon. Plod pulling cars on A69 and leading them up to check at layby. Mostly HGV from what i could see.

Yep had this done years ago.Saturday morning 8 am landrover pulls up and 2 blokes flashing i d badges saying they had come to test my diesel.

Bizarrely enough there was a check and dip set up near newcastle airport on thursday afterenoon. Plod pulling cars on A69 and leading them up to check at layby. Mostly HGV from what i could see.

I never thought they would go to these lengths. Just out of interest, was it totally random when they checked your vehicle?

I never thought they would go to these lengths. Just out of interest, was it totally random when they checked your vehicle?

I had just bought the pick up for work and from what i could gather the reg was passed to them from DVLA .Dont know why as they wouldnt say but must have been some kind of marker on the vehicle.

They said it had been on red in past as there were traces showed up and they would come back and check it again, but never did.

• 1 year later...

So, after more than a year of this threads inception, I am still yet to have my tank dipped, or see any road side operations.

Anyone had their tank dipped since December 2012?

Get the Mrs to ring VOSA and report you for running your vehicle on red,

That way you will get dipped and as your getting "dipped" you could make note's even capture the process on video, plonk it on YT so all can see, then maybe your appetite for dipping will be sorted and 12 month old threads can sleep.

;-)

Its raining, stuck in board :-(

Get the Mrs to ring VOSA and report you for running your vehicle on red,

That way you will get dipped and as your getting "dipped" you could make note's even capture the process on video, plonk it on YT so all can see, then maybe your appetite for dipping will be sorted and 12 month old threads can sleep.

;-)

Its raining, stuck in board :-(

My bad...clock watching at work! - I saw an old Peugeot this morning blowing black smoke like I have never seen before, and I thought Red Derv...

Bottom line is - are you an honest citizen worthy of being trusted with a firearm or are you a criminal?

I can't quite believe just how many people think this is acceptable. Tax evasion, fraud - nothing less.

I agree with you entirely on this point... People who deliberately use red diesel like swiss tony and BRNDL up in deliverance land, are ripping me off and I want to the mods to divulge their name and address so I can shop them and the rest of the villagers using red and commence legal action to recover the tax I've paid.....stupid inbreds

Edited by Fisherman Mike

I agree with you entirely on this point... People who deliberately use red diesel like swiss tony and BRNDL up in deliverance land, are ripping me off and I want to the mods to divulge their name and address so I can shop them and the rest of the villagers using red and commence legal action to recover the tax I've paid.....stupid inbreds

Hahaha...don't hold back mate!! Tell them how you feel...

So, after more than a year of this threads inception, I am still yet to have my tank dipped, or see any road side operations.

Anyone had their tank dipped since December 2012?

had to double check the date this thread started, I thought Swiss was back in town :) (I'll go back to sleep now carry on chaps)...

Fisherman Mike, I will PM you my address now - I look forward to being dipped.

Out of interest, where does it state that BRNDL uses red diesel in his car?

Your post did make me smile though, and I thank you for that.

Fisherman Mike, I will PM you my address now - I look forward to being dipped.

Out of interest, where does it state that BRNDL uses red diesel in his car?

Your post did make me smile though, and I thank you for that.

Edited by delburt0

I must have missed that post too , if you see angry mob with torches and pitch forks Chris that will be vosa oh and a crazy old fisherman called mike sleep well in your bed tonight . :). :). :)

Hope he doesn't think us northerners are all inbreds. :(

Edited by delburt0

I must have missed that post too , if you see angry mob with torches and pitch forks Chris that will be vosa oh and a crazy old fisherman called mike sleep well in your bed tonight . :). :). :)

Hope he doesn't think we northerners are all inbreds. :(

Well he now has my address as the personal message I sent him has been read.

I did make reference to his flippant accusations.

I am not an inbred... although my knuckles do drag on the ground from time to time! :lol: