Barbour Outlet Store - Braintree

huffhuff

If it`s anything like the outlet store in Portsmouth it contains mainly their fashion stuff rather than the shooting gear.

The bargains are usually designs that are going out of fashion or which did not sell to begin with.

Bit of a dissapointment really.

Booooo. That's what I thought :(

Saves me some driving then. Cheers

John Norris it is...and maybe Cotswolds for some meindl's :)

You should see the one up here in South Shields were they make Barbour. Talk about moving with the times the shooting section is a small corner about 10ft square. The rest of the massive shop is just fashion lines. Nice stuff but stupid prices.

Gone have the days of a Barbour bargain

JDF

The Bicester shop does have shooting clothing, not a lot granted, but it is there and it's pot luck on sizes and styles.

Last January I managed to pick up a technical tweed shooting coat in my size for £120, it was the previous year's colour, but they didn't have the matching breeks in stock, but they did check stock in their other outlets for me.

They also said if I wanted to check elsewhere and couldn't find a pair they'd give me a refund on the coat. As it happened I managed to find a pair at Ladds of Crediton.

With all these types of shop I think you have to pop in regularly to see what they've got in stock at the time.

There is an orvis store at street that has some shooting gear but not much, alright if you need breeks in 24 or 56 waist.....

I got a Dunsmoor fleece shooting jacket, large size, for £70 (RRP £179) from there a couple of months ago. There must have been half a dozen or so in most sizes.

As I said in an earlier post you can strike lucky, you just need to check their stock frequently.

I was looking for a new camo jacket on the net and i came accross Marsh Farm Country. Real good stuff and a good discount. I looked at what they had on the sale / reduced items and narrowed it down to 2 A ridge line or a Sealand keepers jacket. I then went to my local shop to compair prices and try on a jacket for size. I went for the keepers jacket. Local price £185 Marsh farm £95 + P&P. A no brainer for that discount.

Dont know where Hearts is in relation to there shop, but hear is the address

• Yatton Marsh Farm
  • Aymestrey
  • Herefordshire
  • HR6 9TP

as stated, dont bother with freeport for Barbour. On the other hand if its the Mrs your taking shopping then just pop in for a nose to keep her happy and it will make her day. Lots of bag and desgner shops for her, hush puppy shops worth a nose and trespass etc. A word of advice if you are taking her indoors is take a paper or magazines as there are no shops that sell them or tobacco in the village

You should see the one up here in South Shields were they make Barbour. Talk about moving with the times the shooting section is a small corner about 10ft square. The rest of the massive shop is just fashion lines. Nice stuff but stupid prices.

Gone have the days of a Barbour bargain

JDF

my missus got me cartridge bag £49 cheapest i can find it on line is £89 so you do get some bargains there

Thanks chaps. I doubt I'll make a special trip, but will stop if and when I'm passing.

I ordered some bits off John Norris, a jumper from woolovers and a new pair of Meindl's from cotswold outdoors instead.

I'm also having a matching game bag, cartridge bag and gun slip made so that's my Christmas money all spent :)

Cheers one and all

Edited by huffhuff