Bipods

bullet1747

I have a 13" to 24" harris bipod that I can sit behind, I have used two long sticks for standing shot, and also used a sigle stalking stick with forked antler head, the bipod is by far the bestif your sat waiting for rabbits, but if you are stalking then some people recomend quad sticks as being very stable.

I use a Caldwell Bipod on all my rifles as/when required.

I also have a pair of full adjustable legs from an old set of shooting sticks that I slip over the Bipod legs & use along with my swivel chair for sitting in hedgerows etc - very very stable - I couldn't find a Bipod with legs long enough to allow this approach.

I use a set of Vanguard T63 sticks for all my mobile shooting.

Yes, Harris bipods can be quickly detached. I have one which i transfer between rifles.

I use a single stick also, a telescopic Deerhunter one with a rubberised forked head. I never have the bipod attached when lamping though, I just use the stick. I use the bipod during daylight and as said above, it's ideal on rabbits when laid up at dusk.

I tried a pair of sticks but found they didn't give the freedom of movement a single stick gives where you can spin round on it easily. It's not as stable as a pair but I regularly shoot out to 200 yds on it.

I use a bipod for shooting in the prone position or off the bonnet but I also use a set of telescopic tripod sticks that I made which cover for sitting, kneeling and standing shots. These tripod sticks have a "rowlock" that the rifle sits comfortably in and can turn through a whole 360 degrees which makes it ideal for lamping, stalking and culling.

I hope in the near future to do some photos and show others how to make these!

I use a bipod for shooting in the prone position or off the bonnet but I also use a set of telescopic tripod sticks that I made which cover for sitting, kneeling and standing shots. These tripod sticks have a "rowlock" that the rifle sits comfortably in and can turn through a whole 360 degrees which makes it ideal for lamping, stalking and culling.

I hope in the near future to do some photos and show others how to make these!

That sounds spot on, I'd be very interested to see that.

Greg.

I use a Versapod and a clone thereof.

Can someone who uses a real Harris tell me how long it takes to put them on and take them off again? (I have a Harris *clone* but think that it's an 'orrible thing - too fiddly by far...)

For comparison, the Versapod's attach and dettach in less than a second *but* leave an "adaptor" attached to the gun. Luckily, it's easy to make your *own* adapters to suit whatever you want (*if* you've got a lathe).

Regards,

Mark.

Can someone who uses a real Harris tell me how long it takes to put them on and take them off again? (I have a Harris *clone* but think that it's an 'orrible thing - too fiddly by far...)

For comparison, the Versapod's attach and dettach in less than a second *but* leave an "adaptor" attached to the gun. Luckily, it's easy to make your *own* adapters to suit whatever you want (*if* you've got a lathe).

Regards,

Mark.

About 5 seconds or so to attach onto the stud and do up the screw to secure it.

About 5 seconds or so to attach onto the stud and do up the screw to secure it.

Thanks for the info.

So, not as bad as I thought and a whole lot faster than my Harris clone can be affixed. Perhaps I should take a look at a *real* Harris sometime...

Regards,

Mark.

Thanks for the info.

So, not as bad as I thought and a whole lot faster than my Harris clone can be affixed. Perhaps I should take a look at a *real* Harris sometime...

Regards,

Mark.

Your welcome. They're great products. I've had mine for years and even took it to Afghanistan to pop on my SA80. It's still in perfect working order.

Greg.

For comparison, the Versapod's attach and detach in less than a second *but* leave an "adaptor" attached to the gun. Luckily, it's easy to make your *own* adapters to suit whatever you want (*if* you've got a lathe).

Regards,

Mark.

The most common Harris fitting attaches to the stud and is very quick and easy to attach/detach, they offer various other fittings to attach to almost any rifle!

If you have a sling on the rifle the Harris also offers the ability to re attach the sling to the Bipod! :good:

Personally I prefer the Harris by a mile over the Versa pod but we all have our preferences! :good: