Spec me a knife (a sharp one)

dazzyboi

Why do you want one that is serrated? I know they look good, but they are hard to sharpen when they get blunt and don't actually cut as well as a good plain blade. I've collected knives for years, and have spent between £1 and £300 on them. To be honest, the opinel is a good folder and sharpens to a very high standard (you could shave with it). I also have a knife called a mora, it's a fixed blade, if you google it you should find one. Also holds a good edge. If you want to spend more, get a buck vanguard. Don't get a knife that's too big, as they are hard to control. I have a wilkinson sword survival knife that can hack down 6" round trees, and split a deer in half without any other tools. They cost over £200 if you can get one at all, but it is useless for skinning rabbits! :good:

Just to be different i'm going to say Gerber. I use a paraframe which is basically the AR3 with an open frame handle. It stays sharp for ages and is very easy to clean.

If you want to have a look at a wide range of knives have a look at Attleborough Accessories here http://www.attacc.com

And to save you asking the next obvious question, order yourself a Lanski sharpening system at the same time. :good::)

I've been using a spyderco native for the last 6 years with a part serrated blade. I use it daily at work on the farm and for skinning rabbits etc. It did cost a few quid (about £75) but to my mind it is worth every penny.

Comes razor sharp out of the box and keeps its edge well. The serrations are also easy to sharpen and there isnt much it wont cut through easily. very easy one handed opening.

leeboy