Ford Fiesta...advice please..

Archie-fox

hello

Ive got a 10reg Ford Fiesta..

it has a fault on the electricals as when i start the engine the boot unlocks and i have to get out and shut it again...

now im going to take it to a local ford garage as its still under warranty...

ive never taken a car back before with a problem...will i get charged for them to fix it?? even if its under warranty...

and can i take it to any ford garage as i got it from a car supermarket..

has anyone else had this kind of problem with there car??

Thanks for any replies..

Rich.

Took my 11 plate car back to the dealer - boot wouldn't open.

First question - has it got a stamped up service book? I told him it had, but asked what servicing had got to do with a stuck boot lid. He seemed to be looking for a way out of fixing the car under warranty. Pathetic really.

First question - has it got a stamped up service book? I told him it had, but asked what servicing had got to do with a stuck boot lid. He seemed to be looking for a way out of fixing the car under warranty. Pathetic really.

this is what im expecting...anything to get out of fixing it..

If you say no they say.

We would of spotted a problam at its last service.

hello

Ive got a 10reg Ford Fiesta..

it has a fault on the electricals as when i start the engine the boot unlocks and i have to get out and shut it again...

now im going to take it to a local ford garage as its still under warranty...

ive never taken a car back before with a problem...will i get charged for them to fix it?? even if its under warranty...

and can i take it to any ford garage as i got it from a car supermarket..

has anyone else had this kind of problem with there car??

Thanks for any replies..

Rich.

Seems a common problem

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/17889-boot-comes-open/

• 2 weeks later...

just what i suspected...at least i can say its a comman problem when i take the car in...Thanks very much for that..

I'm probably a bit late replying to this, but the fault is likely to be water ingress into the tailgate switch causing a short circuit.

Vehicles built up to mid February 2011 are affected. So if less than 60,000miles/3yr old and with some Svc history, your local dealer should sort this for you.

ATB

BB

If you are over due with a service that is enough reason to make your warrenty void I know as it happened to me.

Not 100% sure but I'm sure most warrantys insist on services on time at a main dealer or its void, also non manufacturer parts make it void, mate put different alloys on his and they refused to fix a window motor

I think you might find that if the service is a bit late it won't be an issue as this fault is an electrical one and isn't "service related"

Problems can arise if the service schedule has been missed but you can always go to Ford's customer relations centre where they treat each "case" on it's merits and if the whole cost isn't met they may well make a goodwill gesture.

Talk to your dealer, or their head office if it's a dealer group, it's quite likely they'll help.

BB

Be forceful at ford if you have to Rich, I had a brand new fiesta a few years ago and at 1200 miles it developed a problem where it just turned itself off whilst driving. I had a real battle to get ford to do anything and made them hire me a car for 3 months as they couldn't fix it (after 4 trips to get them to even admit there was a problem).

I will never have a ford ever again as their customer service was a joke. It only got fixed when they found out I am an engineer and they couldn't fob me off with their male cow excrement. Jap motors all the way for me now until I can afford a Range Rover.

It's still under warranty so they have to honour it, they may just need to be persuaded to do so.

Good luck

Warranty is OK as long as serviced with required milage or annual,which ever comes first you re allowed to go 10% over on the milage, should not affect warranty. Never had any bother with ford warranties. Plus I believe that any work carried out will be warrented for 12mths.So even if the original warranty only had a couple of mths remaining,the individual repair would be covered for 12mths.