My Brothers Day - He got the shot of his lifetime - Go Pro 2

Duffryn

I treated my brother to another day on the Herefordshire syndicate. It was minus 5 and there was a strong wind which got the birds flying really well although neither of us could feel our fingers.

They were challenging birds but he shot well and got the best shot of his life on the 4th drive. Some good arguments between us on who actually shot the bird.. Hopefully I'll post my video in the next day or so to settle it !

Hope you enjoy

Edited by Duffryn

If you were a gentleman, and as the more experienced shot, you should have told him that he shot it.

Anyone else and I would have but as he started the day stealing my birds it was war !

Very good as always - where was Rob ? I would have claimed it too. You tend to shoot under the birds you miss.

Rob was on the next peg with me . I haven't got around to editing mine yet

I am sorry, and yes I may be an old ****, but the competition element should never come into game shooting. If a bird is over a neighbour then leave them to shoot at it. There is nothing more upsetting than having birds poached from over ones head by an over zealous neighbour.

I never do it and I do not expect others to do it to me.

I am sorry, and yes I may be an old ****, but the competition element should never come into game shooting. If a bird is over a neighbour then leave them to shoot at it. There is nothing more upsetting than having birds poached from over ones head by an over zealous neighbour.

Two brothers I would have done the same, the high shot mate a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while lol

I fully understand that 2 brothers can get into a competition very easily......but.....just be aware that poaching someone else game...like in 2 shots I have noticed in the 3rd and 4 th drive...its a bit of a recipe for disaster....because its the common cause in shooting accidents...by poaching the bird you tend to shoot on top of other guns....and can go very wrong sometimes.....just take it as an advise.

Mark

I never saw any unsafe shooting in the video and the birds that both guns shot at seemed to be between them,

The further apart the guns are placed in the field, the more difficult it is to determine which bird is whose.

Its also fair to comment that we are not seeing a "true" picture from the camera, I think you need to be there to make a safety call.

I enjoyed the video, as usual and its good to see members posting their own efforts. :good:

I fully understand that 2 brothers can get into a competition very easily......but.....just be aware that poaching someone else game...like in 2 shots I have noticed in the 3rd and 4 th drive...its a bit of a recipe for disaster....because its the common cause in shooting accidents...by poaching the bird you tend to shoot on top of other guns....and can go very wrong sometimes.....just take it as an advise.

Mark

Appreciate the advice and safety must always come first. Those shots were not in any way dangerous there was plenty of sky on both.

If it was anyone else other than me, then he would not have done, it and neither would I to him.

Regardl;ess of who shot the bird (I don't want to get involved in that side or the sporting side of any argument) it looks like a good day was had by all. Can I ask, were you anywhere near Cabalva Estate near Hay_On_Wye? I only ask as I used to live there in the gate lodge!

Regardl;ess of who shot the bird (I don't want to get involved in that side or the sporting side of any argument) it looks like a good day was had by all. Can I ask, were you anywhere near Cabalva Estate near Hay_On_Wye? I only ask as I used to live there in the gate lodge!

Thanks. I live close to this but this shoot was further a field