topgunners's

Topgunners

.Hi ALL !!!!

Dave K , Alan, LB & the mighty NTTF.

IMG_0951.jpg

"we should all be models."

:lol::good:;)

IN ALL IT'S GLORY.

Tuesday was the day that NTTF and his missus Shane and Lurcher Boy travelled up to Coventry for a couple of days shooting with the TOPGUNNERS. I gets the phone call that they they were in a watering hole in coventry somewhere and then tried to direct them in to my gaff.

WELL, all I can say is some serious navigating tuition was required there as they proceeded to do a tour of the City, with dan the man trying to direct Lb into someone's front garden and didn't know the difference between an island and a roundabout. Eventually they got to my house after they shot past my window and had to do a u-turn.

I did all the intro's with my wife and then started to cook the evening meal of Spaghetti Milanese and LB was quite intrigued with the addition of chips around his plate. BUT then proceeded to wipe the pattern off his plate with a chunk of french bread. I think he must have enjoyed it though.

After the meal SOMEBODY surprised us all by diving into the washing up bowl and doing the dishes. I wonder who that was?????????

IMG_0944.jpg

"Now where's that bloody scourer gone"?

His new nickname is " Hands that do dishes !!!!!!!!!!"

Later on we all went out for a drink and a chat about our forthcoming shooting days.

Wednesday morning I am up about 04.30am getting all the gear together and down comes this geezer at 05.00am all dressed up in camo, ready & eager to go.

Al and Lb meet us at the house about 06.15am and we set off for the early goose flight off the lakes.

Arrived at the lake and trots off across the fields to lie in wait. The p**s taking started from then and did not stop for 2 days. We had no joy that morning as the bloody geese took off at the other end of the field and were too far out of range.

:/

We left the lakes and went to a cafe for a full-monty brekkie and then set off for some pigeon shooting and drove round for sometime covering all of our permissions and couldn't find pigeons anywhere so decided to set up on some new drilling for the" blackstuff".

Lurcher boy decided he wasn't going to share a hide so we let him have his own and NTTF and myself set up in another. Put the deeks out between us and as they were my guests I let them have first cracks of the whip.

Most of the first birds that flew over were in line with LB and WELLLLL; we are sitting waiting for A bird to drop but were assured by LB that he was "Just warming up". Well methinks he must be an eskimo on the quiet. :):lol: . The action was fairly regular and then finally Dan & myself jumps up in our hide and lets out 2 x "WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO's" as a bird finally drops out of the sky to LB's gun.

We shot a few but it was very slow by now so we picked up and drove to another shoot for a possible bit of pheasant shooting.

Myself and munty(my springer) and Al & jess (his springer) were going to flush the birds to Lb & Nttf and **** law a flock of partridges flew straight down the field towards them. Only prob was ; 70yards in the wrong direction to where they were standing.

My springer then flushed up a nice cock pheasant which I duly dropped and we then moved on and a second flock of partridges flew straight in front of the line and out of range.

BAD LUCK AGAIN.

:/

Back to the truck for some of my home-made soup and off we trots again back to lakes before it got dark and when we arrive there are about 40-50 geese sitting in the field right tight to the hedgerow where we were hoping to ambush them. We hadn't walked 20 yards into the field and they took flight over the hedgerow in the distance and gone.

Back to the jeeps and home to get ready for the evening meal out.

Lovely carvery meal and shock, many thanks to Lurcher Boy who picked up the tab. ( Rich Biatch), We retires to the lounge for some absolute brill p**s taking again and Lb had Al in stitches.

Off home for tomorrow's early morning start and a pre-arranged meet-up with Tiercel.

Thursday morning we arrive at the lakes again and meets up with Tiercel and sets off across the field again and waits for the geese. After 1/2 hour or so I heard a bang and LB has dropped a duck. WOOOHOOO again. :lol::lol: . We waits for an hour or more and then we walk back to the jeeps and just as we are leaving we sees 20-30 circle around the lake and drop straight in. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Another quick trip to the Cafe for a breakfast.

We are now going to do some long-netting for rabbits with some tuition from Tiercel on how to tie some nets and LB working his dubious ferrets he got on a freebie.

We locate some likely warrens and then busy ourselves staking out the nets and purses and put the ferrets down and Lb was MOST pleased with the way they worked and the rabbits we netted or shot.

As time was of the essence we then drove back to my house for the farewells and to pack Lb's jeep with the bags and to get rid of him!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

All-in-all we had a great 2 days ; (far too short really). We had a great CRACK, plenty of banter, jokes . food, drink and SHOOOOOOOOTING. and a fair few MISSES.

We put some faces to the members and a big thank you to Tiercel for the opportunity to add another string to our bows and that very looooooong journey. INNIT. :lol::lol:

Many thanks to all and especially to the missus for putting up with it all.

I hope the rest enjoyed it as much as I did.

;):lol::lol::)

More pictures and short videos on Sporting Pictures.

Dave K

I would like to offer a great big THANK YOU to topgunner's For their hospitality, it was second to none. It was a real pleasure to spend a day in such company.

It is not very often you get to meet a RAQUEUNTER EXTRADINARE such as Dave, but when you do you tend to remember it for a long time.

As with all pre planned days the hunting Gods can conspire to muck things up. Not everything went to plan;( does it ever) Geese forgot to turn up, until we were leaving in the morning. The undergrowth forgot that it was October and was still in is summer plumage. But all these setbacks were not noticed amongst the banter, P**s taking and stories from Dave.

Yesterday I met some of this countries and Canada's finest. If anyone gets a chance to spend a day in their company, I can tell you, you would be a fool to refuse. Dave, Dan, Alan and last but not least Charlie.

Thank you all for a most memorable day. :look: :lol::lol:

Tiercel

Thats a great report and its good to hear that everyone is having fun. :lol:

Lurcherboy's dodgy aim, is fuelling rumours that he is a tree hugger at heart.

Most of us just believe its his age. :lol:

I spoke with LB on his mobile this morning and they are still enjoying some pigeon shooting, but now with pavman.

Apparently with some outstanding results. :look:

Hopefully pavman will file a report.

i right bunch of shady characters in that pic :good: , it's always nice if you can shoot a few but when out with the guys the craic is far more important , i'm glad to see that you were all enjoying the days out and it's nice to know that LB is still doing his bit for wildlife conservation :lol:

I notice the real MEN are drinking the black stuff :good:

That's because we wouldn't drink that BLACK MUD to save our lives, and I was informed by a paddy lodger of ours that it's only for men with no taste buds or brains.

I dunno?:lol:??

I always ask for a knife & fork when I order them as well.

:lol:

Dave K

Dave

Thanks for sending the reprobates down to Highlander and I with a smile and a full belly; It’s a good start!

As we speak all getting cleaned up for dinner, after which LB has promised Mrs P he will help with the dishes as he quite likes to wear rubber gloves and an apron,

A thread coming to post results of our funtastic time with the master poacher and kitchen helper soon

pavman

Are Dave K and LB brothers ? :good:

Am I the only one to spot the likeness ? :lol:

Hoiiiiiiii

wot's with the insult?:lol:???

You been on the googly eyed grog or wot?:lol:???

Can't you see i'm the good looking geezer from the midlands and not the pussy southerner who had a visit to the beauty parlour prior to the shot being taken

:lol::lol::lol: .

Dave K