A few foxes in the snow!

SA Shooter

After watching the weather,I've been waiting long enough know for the temperatures to go below zero. And finally it arrived :yahoo: :yahoo: We went out on the first night -3 and got two foxes, left it one day and back out got two more.Then the snow came down. Turned up on the farm on Monday and it was as bright as day. All I could see is Fox tracks all over in the snow :good: , I knew it would a challenge to stay camouflaged so we sticked to the hedges and farm equipment to break up our silhouette. I started to call and with in seconds it was game on. Best of all there was no need for the lamp all night. After 2 hours this was the result below. managed to get 11 in 4 outings.

post-23360-0-97832500-1359052728_thumb.jpg

edge of the city or been missing them all year, till the snow leaves them with very little hunting ground!

:lol: :lol: If you've never missed a fox it's because you're not out lamping and sitting on the sofa. Everyone has missed a fox in there life and I'm sure will still miss many more in the future. I just can't be asked to post photos of one or two. I've been very lucky but as they say you make your own luck and being out on average three/four night a week sure helps with the numbers.

I take it you must be on the edge of the City ?

You got me there!! I had to crop the photo so that my garden fence is not in the pic :lol: . It on a sheep/beef farm with loads of untouched/shot land around it.

Atb

Werner

edge of the city or been missing them all year, till the snow leaves them with very little hunting ground!

I shoot with Werner all the year round and they get no rest bite at all….Just like every thing when the snow is on the ground then things get tough.

Nice to see you negative comment is far out weighed by the rest….

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter