high velocity pellets

akm

The Prometheus pellets are recommended for guns that don't have a bolt cocking action, because the plastic doesn't take kindly to the action, i think. They're also incredibly light, so I think they work well enough in springers, but wouldn't put em down a pcp. The .22 prometheus is lighter than the .177 Bisley Magnum. What would you be using them for? I don't know of anyone who actually uses them to be honest! innovation for its own sake, rather than an actual technological advance!

Stick to a decent lead pellet, you will have far better results as far as clean kills go, theses nylon skirted pellets have been around for years and to my knowledge have never won any Field target comp. They do not deform on impact and will drill through your quarry.

Never used them since we were kids but we stopped as expensive but also meant to foul ur barel with plastic deposits over time, which does make sense to me dunno if true thou.

Also they found they were the only pellets that had the penetration to kill a trapped mink with an air pistol at point blank range. I think i'm rigt in saying they are steel pellets rather than lead so why they don't deform and tend to 'drill' as the 2 boys above have said

I used then when they first came out in the 70s, compared to lead they were woefully inaccurate in my Theoben and Original 45, which at the time were state of the art rifles.

Maybe they have improved but even if they have the rifling in the barrel fills with plastic assuming the skirt is still plastic.

A

just to clarify, when I said they work well in springers,

They're also incredibly light, so I think they work well enough in springers,

Just to clarify, I meant for plinking/target shooting. I AM IN NO ADVOCATING USING THESE FOR LIVE QUARRY. For that, you need something ultra reliable the deforms well on impact and is still accurate in field conditions, with wind and uneven ground etc.

thanks guys, i must say that plastic and high level of friction wont do any good for the rifle so i will not use them,ive got some superdom that ive got with the rifle and even if i was shooting in my garden, i had good groups so far still i need a place where i can shoot at 30 40 yards and see how the rifle will perform ,at 15 yards i think its highly irelevant,thanks again for your help