Roost shooting

Ash it's em

Tradition is Friday but most do Saturday's now..due to most people having to work.

I have always done Friday Saturday and Sunday through February.

Never heard others in the are on them nights but doesn't seem to make any difference in my woods. Always get plenty shooting.

The annual roost shoot starts tomorrow night is anyone else at it in East Yorkshire hope the wind keeps up should be good is it all round Britain that everyone gos out on Fridays in feb will report in when I have done if anyone else wants too thanks

did you go out ash? did you get much shooting?

Sorry for late reply went to a wood with ten tall sit up trees which been going to for six or so years when the big woods near by start shooting they aim for these trees only this year burton Agnes estate was having their last shoot today so no one was aloud to shoot there woods so I had three come in which I account for all of them there was a lot come over but must of been hundred if not two hundred foot above so fingers crossed be a lot better nex week

me and two friends went out to our permission yesterday the best roost shooting we have had in three years the woods just drew the pigeons in. the woods where we shoot is massive in the shape of a letter T we spread out all the pigeons came from the east of us from bridlington from 4pm untill 5.15 it was hectic and at the end we accounted for 63 dead that were picked up and countless more that dropped into thick cover in the woods all in all a very enjoyable bit of pest controll

sounds like a good night that dbarmby. we had a decent night on friday. there was a good turn out of guns and a good few pigeons. i ended the night with 8 pigeons and a magpie for 14 shots. it would have been better with more wind as with you ash a lot of the birds were high.

me and two friends went out to our permission yesterday the best roost shooting we have had in three years the woods just drew the pigeons in. the woods where we shoot is massive in the shape of a letter T we spread out all the pigeons came from the east of us from bridlington from 4pm untill 5.15 it was hectic and at the end we accounted for 63 dead that were picked up and countless more that dropped into thick cover in the woods all in all a very enjoyable bit of pest controll

hi dave well done they have been going in to that wood for weeks very strong flight line straight to that wood hopefully it will be better next Friday when burton Agnes estate are shooting there woods i shot 14 picked up 9 and i missed ?????????????? many but had a good time

hi linny , my mate and i had been going to the field for a while now , when the rape was through and around 2" tall . we decoyed with whirly and decoys , we never saw a thing (this was before christmas ) first time we've been back since and a hundred and twenty acres of rape has gone :-( , they must have been using it as a free for all take away :-( . you have an advantage over me , i need a little more info as to who you are ? lol .