a few clips from this season "wildfowling

Cracking start to the video. Good self control. I bet your lab is gutted the season is over looked like he was really enjoying himself

Yes it's easy to get carried away in the moment when there is that amount of geese about , but in all my years experience of fowling you do more damage shooting at big lots .you stand more chance of wounding birds instead of good clean kill .and that's what it's all about.... a good clean kill but it does not happen like that every time as most fowlers know...... but we all do our best to make sure it does .

young gun is still happy at the moment, we've still got a few days left on the foreshore yet .so plenty of time for him to do what he loves doing.... he's just coming into his prime now and still learning every flight we do....

I was talking to a friend last week it's his dogs first season and he was saying how good it was to see his young dog learning every time he was out . how he worked out using the tide to his advantage when retrieveing out of the tidal river .

Happy days

Edited by washwildfowler

Was you using a 12 on the first lot of geese in the dark? They looked rather high but sometimes videos can be misleading.

Cracking shooting though wish I had some off then shots only lifted the gun at mallard, teal and canadas could of shot an easy pintail but the gun jammed a few seconds before it flew past!!

yes i'm using a winchester SX3 3.1/2 inch , yes it can look misleading on film ..... this season has been kind to me first time in a few years ......

• 2 weeks later...

cracking dog, just don't ask him to to work alongside my dog they both turn into an excuse for an asbo! #ALLICANSEEINTHEDISTANCEISACASTLE!!!

o that's us do come up .

It's been a pleasure fowling with you this season mate. great company plenty of banter .some very good shooting mainly me lol roll on next season .

Happy days .

ps sort you dog for next season and tell him no more back flips into the sandcreek .lol