Catton rifle shoot meet weekend 8th/9th june 2013

SPARKIE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could bring my gramaphone but the needles a bit worn.

Doesn't make much difference on my Vera Lynn records though - they are very scratched.

I will bring my collection of operatic CD's along though - they always go down very well at BBQ's.

Has anyone got either a phono to 3.5mm jack lead or a stereo with iPod dock they can bring. Failing that a stereo we could get radio on. I've lost the lead for mine and the aerial.

I have a lead that goes from headphone outlet of iphone to a car stereo if thats what you looking for ?

I went up last night and have just got home, 3hrs each way

Me and me Son have both got a bit of sunburn.

Cracking set up, Compliments to both Sparkie and Carl

Nice to meet a few people and put names to user names :good: in particular Mad1 and son, Gandalf and Sparkie,

I agree with Gandalf, Why'd do those who wake up at some ungodly hour make such a racket :lol:

Well I managed to get down there Friday afternoon, cracking evening round the campfire with a bunch of great folk. Especially good to to see the youngsters enjoying themselves on the air rifles. :)

Great day on Saturday.

This is now a special event in my calendar :yahoo:

Special thanks to SPARKIE and Carl. The amount of work you two guys put in was really appreciated.

Thanks also to the gaffer at Catton for supporting us shooters. :good:

All of you you lucky folk who can enjoy another day there today have a great time.

ATB

David

post-48292-0-67264900-1370729628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fisheruk

I for one could not believe how poorly this event was organised.I had to walk approx. 25 yards just to shoot the competition or onions and the long distance shots were at least a 50 yard walk. In my opinion the bonfire could have contained more firewood and Dougies venison sausages contained too much juniper-Fruitloop and Fister were continually breaking wind and to cap it all Grandalf had a large beard! I also found the sight of Albert 888's long thin white legs disturbing. Surely some form of vetting would be appropriate at events such as this. Hopefully these flies in the ointment will be sorted before next year or I for one shall not attend. Disgruntled and bitterly disappointed.

Seriously though guys a big thank you to everyone who made this such a good weekend-is it a tad early to book for next year....

Well we've just got back and I want to say this was the best put on day iv ever had !! The lads were good crack and a really friendly atmospher even my son loved it !!! But nothing will ever be spoken about him beating me ( and beating a few others :-))

Here's one pict of him hitting the 400+ yrd target with my .223 ( with witnesses !!)

3B91945E-A533-4924-8C3B-5B2AE6116F3F-310

Well done to sparky and Carl for such a enjoyable weekend ...

We WILL be there next year promise ....

But some things can't be spoke about ... Shhhh

I for one could not believe how poorly this event was organised.I had to walk approx. 25 yards just to shoot the competition or onions and the long distance shots were at least a 50 yard walk. In my opinion the bonfire could have contained more firewood and Dougies venison sausages contained too much juniper-Fruitloop and Fister were continually breaking wind and to cap it all Grandalf had a large beard! I also found the sight of Albert 888's long thin white legs disturbing. Surely some form of vetting would be appropriate at events such as this. Hopefully these flies in the ointment will be sorted before next year or I for one shall not attend. Disgruntled and bitterly disappointed.

Seriously though guys a big thank you to everyone who made this such a good weekend-is it a tad early to book for next year....

SPARKIE you can put my name down for 2014, if you can work the weather the same as this year. :yahoo::good:

well finally got all the traps and gear away and just sat down with a cold one.......thanks to all that came and made it a fantastic weekend. and thanks to carl for sorting the venue again. The banter was brill and so was the company. Here's to next year.

well finally got all the traps and gear away and just sat down with a cold one.......thanks to all that came and made it a fantastic weekend. and thanks to carl for sorting the venue again. The banter was brill and so was the company. Here's to next year.

please sparkie can you please fix it for me to go to the pigeon watch weekend next year :ninja::whistling::innocent::yahoo:

Edited by fruitloop