AA Decoys £45 rotary?

THE GRIFF

I have just been looking at the aa decoys £45 rotary on the web and have a couple of questions.

It says it has 2 speeds, does anyone know approximately what rpm each speed does with 2 dead pigeons and is the speed dramatically slowed down with a bit of a wind?

With a 12ah lead acid battery how long will it last using dead birds before it slows down to the point where it's too slow?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

moving between the 2 speeds means pulling the spade connector off the motor and moving it to the next pin ... easy.

i leave mine on speed 2 and i get around 5 hours of use with dead birds on and 6 plus with hypaflaps

speed wise .. don't know

I presume speed 2 is faster than speed 1, is this correct?

Can you confirm what ah battery you are using to get 5 hours use?

Thanks for replying it really is appreciated.

Definitely reliable and pull in the pigeons as well as one costing two or three times as much.

Perhaps if they were a site sponser they would get more backing?

My comments have nothing to do with whether a company advertises on Pigeon Watch, or not.

Pinewood and the Pigeon Shooter don't advertise here, but I rate both of them, together with UKShootwarehouse.

These are companies I have personally dealt with over the years and who consistently sell quality products that get excellent ratings on here.

My comments have nothing to do with whether a company advertises on Pigeon Watch, or not.

Pinewood and the Pigeon Shooter don't advertise here, but I rate both of them, together with UKShootwarehouse.

These are companies I have personally dealt with over the years and who consistently sell quality products that get excellent ratings on here.

Ah that's fair enough mate.

Just noticed you didn't seem to keen on the AA product and I couldn't see why not.

Bump

Thought I would bump this again to see if anyone can answer the original thread.

How many rpm does this £45 rotary spin at on each of the 2 speeds when using a dead birds.

Not intrested in wich magnets are better than others, which ones cost more or wether they all do the same thing, please start a new thread if you want to tell everyone why yours is better.

Thanks

Bump

Thought I would bump this again to see if anyone can answer the original thread.

How many rpm does this £45 rotary spin at on each of the 2 speeds when using a dead birds.

Not intrested in wich magnets are better than others, which ones cost more or wether they all do the same thing, please start a new thread if you want to tell everyone why yours is better.

Thanks

I suspect the most authoritative answer to your question can be obtained by contacting the Sellers.

I doubt any of us know the rpms of our rotarys, I don't.

I suspect the most authoritative answer to your question can be obtained by contacting the Sellers.

I doubt any of us know the rpms of our rotarys, I don't.

I recently bought a seeland one, spoke to uttings and the harkila/seeland rep before I bought it as the info I wanted was not advertised, they didn't have the exact rpm info but was told it is as good as any other magnet and between 30 and 40 rpm with dead birds depending on the wind. When I tested it on the fastest speed it was doing 20 rpm and 10 on the other speed. In my opinion 20 rotations every 1 minute is not fast enough and that was with no wind so would be even slower in the field.

That's why I am asking on here, people that sell things don't always tell the truth and if they don't know the answer they often just make something up.

I am not criticising you asking, there is no doubt that there is a variance.

I have seen some cheap ones that hardly move at all, whereas some of the more expensive ones definitely need a speed controller to slow them down.

Hopefully someone has done some research.

I have had a few problems lately buying things online and have had to pay postage a couple of times sending things back so I just wanted to research it before I rushed out and bought one, like I said on earlier on there website in the video it looks as if it is going quite slow.

If anyone owns one of these and is using it tomorrow, could you please count how many times it turns in 20 seconds, this number x 3 will give the rpm.

I cant see where RPM matter , there have been more than enough people recommend them on this thread and plenty of others , surely if they were too slow then they would not be .

Not got one myself but have shot over a shooting partners on plenty of occasions and they pull birds fine , and have two speeds also .

I cant think of any magnet manufacturer that advertises the RPM of there machines so what are you comparing it to ?

I cant see where RPM matter , there have been more than enough people recommend them on this thread and plenty of others , surely if they were too slow then they would not be .

Not got one myself but have shot over a shooting partners on plenty of occasions and they pull birds fine , and have two speeds also .

I cant think of any magnet manufacturer that advertises the RPM of there machines so what are you comparing it to ?

Uttings and the seeland rep said the seeland one went fast enough but to me 20rpm isn't so I sent it back. The rotary I have at the moment goes too fast now I have blown the speed controller, it's like a helicopter taking off.

There are plenty of threads on here about ideal speed for a pigeon magnet with around 35-40 being about the ideal speed for most situations, although some people do like to slow them down on very calm days.

As I have already said, the video on aa decoys site looks as if it is going slow, so I wanted to know if that was the fastest or the slowest setting.

The way to measure the real speed is rpm, not somebody saying "its fast enough" because from recent experience one persons "fast enough" is not what I am looking for.

So to answer your question I am comparing the rpm to a speed I think is correct, pinewood magnets are 40 rpm this info is available if you ask them and I have spoken to people that own one and have confirmed it.

Edited by THE GRIFF

• 2 weeks later...