Which Charity? Pigeon Watch NvS 2013

Teal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it's when I'm on holiday " Sod's law " well fingers crossed :) ..

Nice words from mr p

I am sure you will all agree that it will be a worthwhile charity whichever gets chosen , that will be helping children or adults with either terminal illnesses or life long disabilities whether that be cancer, spinal injuries,stroke rehabilitation or any other.

"Even though it might not be your local hospice", by having the 2013 shoot you can be assured that you will be changing a life for the better , I'm sure that you will all agree that all the participants and all involved should be proud of this...

Edited by delburt0

There are some really good comments on this thread, please keep them coming. All being well, we should have some news with regards to date and ground on Monday

Bear in mind the location of Hooters Will & you are more than welcome to join us the night before :good::lol: :lol:

ps, I am OK with the 1st June but please leave Sunday 2nd free so we can travel home for the BASC open/club shoot :yes:

Edited by Tam

As I have had personal experiance, can i put a vote against macmillan.

And another one too.

After the amount of angry PM's i received last year, i intend to give this topic a miss; i will just say this. Spend it wisely, you can only spend it once.

I would like us to pick a well deserving small charity like Orchid,and Pigeonwatch become a patron for that charity.

Making donations from other stuff as well as the annual charity shoot.

Figgy

I like Orchid, but I also like Different strokes and a few others, it would be hard to chose between them....... so someone mentioned earlier that it would be good to have x many clay grounds (say 6 or 8 or whatever) and hold the shoot at each in turn, i think doing the same with a small selection of charities would be good too, if we could find 4 or 5 good causes which could be rotated ................... spread the love :good:

As I said earlier why not split it between the 2,

or as Paul above says, have a small rotation of charities, or even just Orchid and Different Strokes and alternate every year?

Or...tie a charity to a particular ground, Different Strokes = Orston, Orchid = Sporting Targets, and so forth....

:shaun:

As I said earlier why not split it between the 2,

or as Paul above says, have a small rotation of charities, or even just Orchid and Different Strokes and alternate every year?

Or...tie a charity to a particular ground, Different Strokes = Orston, Orchid = Sporting Targets, and so forth....

:shaun:

had the same idea but then thought that if, as has happened before, the charity send a representative along then they may get a bit bored going to the same ground every few years??

There are so many worthy charities out there, all needing money to carry on their good work. I would like to see a donation made to Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital. They take in children from all over the UK, and, hopefully, make them well again.

God forbid that any of our children, or family's children are taken poorly,but I know that they would get the very best and most modern treatment available, although I'm certainly not knocking any other hospitals.

Wherever the money raised by us, is donated too, I know it will be put to good use.

There are so many worthy charities out there, all needing money to carry on their good work. I would like to see a donation made to Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital. They take in children from all over the UK, and, hopefully, make them well again.

God forbid that any of our children, or family's children are taken poorly,but I know that they would get the very best and most modern treatment available, although I'm certainly not knocking any other hospitals.

Wherever the money raised by us, is donated too, I know it will be put to good use.

and thats the main point to me...rather it go where will make a big differance than just swallowed up with admin etc

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter suffered a stroke at 5 hrs old and is now a fulltime wheelchair user so a charity like Cerebra would be my choice. Maybe a special needs school could use some new equipment? Buy some equipment for a shooting range for disabled shooters at a shooting range somewhere????