disbanding a shoot

right here goes iam keeper chairman captain on a walk on stand one 75% guns have left the lease holder has offerd ground to another syndicate behind our backs they accept and we are asked if we want to join them , im out a part time job as the have there own full time keeper coming ( bit ****** off but thats how it goes i know ) they have increased subs and out priced any remaining guns , as the ifrastructure was paid for by syndicate which is now going to disband can we charge new syndicate for feeders and drinckers and quad if they want it or do we take it of site and sell privately approx 100 plastic barrel feeds with pans on and auto feeders on pond , we spent 2k on a new pen last year aswell its a bloody nightmare as the trusurer has run of with the shoot kitty too

any ideas

salvage as much out of it as you can (financialy) if they new shoot wants to buy the gear at a fair price all well and good but dont just let them have it unless theres a discount offord to members of the old club.

good luck sorting the problem

A new shoot should be willing to buy the work you have put in, if you can't strike a deal with them the stuff on site is yours to remove where practical or vandalise to the point it is unusable. That might seem a bit off but put in front of the new shoot it gives them two options, deal with you or do their own graft. If the shoot owner has promised them xyz and sold the shooting on the basis he has pens etc then tough, serves him right for selling your shooting from under you.

A new shoot should be willing to buy the work you have put in, if you can't strike a deal with them the stuff on site is yours to remove where practical or vandalise to the point it is unusable. That might seem a bit off but put in front of the new shoot it gives them two options, deal with you or do their own graft. If the shoot owner has promised them xyz and sold the shooting on the basis he has pens etc then tough, serves him right for selling your shooting from under you.

:stupid:

whats a hundred 50 litre barrels worth all with pan feeders , gotta be in region of a tenner a feeder i know drinkers will be hard to shift theres only 30 bell drinkers

and a spinner on front of quad plus trailed spinner to , its amazing the tackle u need isnt it

umpteen larson traps

Hi I will buy small pen feeders if you have some and trailed spreader. What make etc is the quad interested in that as well. Only down road just drop me a pm if your selling.

Also interested in Very interested in Larsen traps.

Edited by cosmos05

Funnily enough we had the opposite we took on a shoot where the syndicate was given the boot for being a pain in the backside. We paid for the main release pen to stay and they could take everything else, did they hell though anything broken got dumped and even the pen they still decided to take the gates off it despite being paid :rolleyes:

Best thing the landowner had done in 10 years was getting rid of them its now harmonious with the farming rather than the shoot thinking they could change the main business of the farm for a 2k rent

First season was great and it should keep getting better. In this case i would take everything thats yours and sell elsewhere, pens you could try and negotiate but if not the price of scrap isn't bad at the moment

Personally I would remove everything that is yours and not tied down off the land straight away, then approach the syndicate and ask if thew want to buy it, don't leave it on the land as you might run into them moaning trespass etc and its there's in the deal, don't say anything just get it shifted then ring there new keeper up with a decided price..if he ain't singing from your sheet "which he will as he will have to source everything from scratch" sell it on here. :)

Firstly u must be gutted, seems like u have had a right shafting.

Like others have said i would remove everything not tied down and then strip the pen and take the wire post's the lot, ideally if u could get a place to store it for a wee while, it might be a handy bargining chip u could throw in when u either start another shoot or get another part time job.The problem with selling it is u never really get the 'true value' so if start a new shoot u will then have to buy everything new price.

As for vanalising the pen, it may seem appealing and u might feel better after it (for a short time) but the shooting community is fairly small and close knit, any smypathy u might have for being treated so badly would be lost quickly and u'd be the bad one.

Firstly u must be gutted, seems like u have had a right shafting.

Like others have said i would remove everything not tied down and then strip the pen and take the wire post's the lot, ideally if u could get a place to store it for a wee while, it might be a handy bargining chip u could throw in when u either start another shoot or get another part time job.The problem with selling it is u never really get the 'true value' so if start a new shoot u will then have to buy everything new price.

As for vanalising the pen, it may seem appealing and u might feel better after it (for a short time) but the shooting community is fairly small and close knit, any smypathy u might have for being treated so badly would be lost quickly and u'd be the bad one.

Sound logic in all of that, especially about trying to find storage. Because of the postage costs you will not get full value for your feeders and drinkers, but you will pay top dollar to replace them.

to see all the hard work come to nothing you must be gutted, offer them to the new boys for the going rate, they might bid you in the b*lls for them as they think you cant get rid - if offer is silly take them, store them (if poss) as you never know what can crop up in the future - youd probably get more selling them in 'lots' on here - the way the other pw menmbers are talking you could shift a lot of it already - if closer i would buy some of it myself - hopefully something else will come up (and try to secure for a longer lease) - atb - regards

Personally I'd ask the new syndicate for a discount for the members of the old syndicate to compensate for all the stuff they are gaining i.e. the feeders, drinkers, pen ect... . If they can't see the benefits to this I'd sell the lot and split it with the old syndicate members, after all it's their money that paid for it.

I take it u don't know any other local syndicates that would appreciate the wire/hoppers? Possibly swap for a few days shooting?

One of the big commercial estates i go too sort of donates it's old pens to any of the beaters shooting syndicates, just who ever gets the first 'dibs' on the pen goes in after the season and strips and takes the lot away, syndicate gets the pen keeper gets the pen stripped and removed for free without doing anything. Win win really

I can imagine it being a total nightmare with loads off back stabbing and bitching going on but much as i don't like to upset anyone i would be taking as much as possible and i don't think they have any right to complain after shafting u. Wot comes around goes around, althou i would do it as soon as poss so the new keeper knows wot work he's got to do, probably not his fault

What you can legally do will be set out in the shooting lease, What is not 'fixed' to the ground is likely to be yours. Worth talking to the incomers to try and broker a deal but most definitely keep the quad, spinners etc. and if they dont play ball I would remove what you can live with - as you say no point in feeling worse over the issue. If you can find a proper shooting man in the new syndicate he may well value what you have learnt about the land - as you know keeping pheasants isnt as easy as it looks.

Good luck in the search for something to replace the PT keepering. AS one door closes .....

• 7 months later...

same thing sort of happened to us this year afew new guns from last year that dropped out went behind our backs to all three farms and said they would pay double what we do. for us to keep the land its cost us double the rent its not gentlemanly to do this. What was the out come?