League Against Cruel Sports

bridges

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they do this in America and they just blow them out of the sky. There is a video of it on YouTube somewhere.

Yep. Twice I think. But I think they were monitoring pigeon shoots where they shoot birds as they leave the crates, like what used to happen over here before it was replaced with clay pigeon shooting, and there was quite a bit of debate about it when I posted one of the videos of a drone being shot down on this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgk1cRqAfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAELplrEYu4

Are LACS just limiting this to hunts or will they also be looking at shoots? I'm wondering how long it would be before I see one.

What would happen if you accidentally shot it? Monitoring a pheasant shoot with a drone when people are shooting at things in the sky... could happen.

Edited by Reece

The rules for where you can fly a model plane or helicopter are quite similar to where you can shoot a gun you have to be something like 500yrds from a highway (or something, i forget) and you have to have the land owners permission. They cant just rock up and fly what you want, perhaps this is a good thing so the hunters can get the protesters in trouble :)

It takes a real half wit to shoot one of these things down and turn a very minor bit of propaganda into a real honey pot for the anti. If it happens here just use existing laws! Accidental shooting is just about better than intentional shooting as far as they are conserned, think about it! Ooops I accidently plugged a drone! Well that proves to many that we are all gun happy fools who are a likely to shoot a BOP etc as we might a pheasant or duck. Live pigeon shooting from traps should be deplored by all "sportsmen" as they are IMO quite wrongly described by the reporter. What we actually need is more openness in all our field sports and more good practice.

It takes a real half wit to shoot one of these things down and turn a very minor bit of propaganda into a real honey pot for the anti. If it happens here just use existing laws! Accidental shooting is just about better than intentional shooting as far as they are conserned, think about it! Ooops I accidently plugged a drone! Well that proves to many that we are all gun happy fools who are a likely to shoot a BOP etc as we might a pheasant or duck. Live pigeon shooting from traps should be deplored by all "sportsmen" as they are IMO quite wrongly described by the reporter. What we actually need is more openness in all our field sports and more good practice.

If people are shooting at pheasants in the sky and a drone is somewhere behind the bird, it is entirely possible to shoot one down accidentally.

Besides, even if shoots being monitored are using the best practice possible, LACS will still be able to use it. If they put any undercover footage on youtube, especially if the video quality is bad or even if the video is made darker, they can make any shoot look bad, even if best practice is being followed. If people watch undercover, low quality footage, a lot of them will assume something bad is happening just because it is undercover and low quality, if you get what I mean.

They posted a video of a shoot a while back as part of their campaign, but what the video showed was a legitimate shoot following the code of good shooting practice vitrually to the letter. But because it was undercover footage, the assumption made by anyone viewing it is that something bad is happening.

We should be more open about what we do, but we should be the ones taking charge of that, not LACS. LACS could turn anything into propaganda, whether any malpractice has taken place or not.

Edited by Reece

:lol: I fly these piecesof **** for a living. I wouldn't worry to much, the chance of them getting decent imagery while in the air is pretty slim. They just get blown about and it just makes your feel sick looking at the screen. Also they don't work in the rain.

Good luck to them, it will be funny to see them in court when some one has been hurt from one dropping out the sky.

Also I'm pretty sure that there has to be signs up everywhere in the area that they are flying to say that you are being watched. Otherwise it can't be used as evidence in a court of law. Merseyside police had a problem with this a while back

36g #5 would sort them out :good:aint it illegal to film without consent :lol: :lol: :lol:

No it isn't. But if it was illegal, all the CCTV and speed camera operators in this country would be in big trouble. :lol:

I suppose flying a drone on somebody's private land without consent could constitute trespass, and it could potentially endanger livestock and any land users, if the latter is the case you might well be justified in shooting the thing down. "Thats right your honour, damn thing was heading straight towards my chickens". :whistling:

No it isn't. But if it was illegal, all the CCTV and speed camera operators in this country would be in big trouble. :lol:

I suppose flying a drone on somebody's private land without consent could constitute trespass, and it could potentially endanger livestock and any land users, if the latter is the case you might well be justified in shooting the thing down. "Thats right your honour, damn thing was heading straight towards my chickens". :whistling:

Or you could say you thought they were perving on the kids :lol:

If people are shooting at pheasants in the sky and a drone is somewhere behind the bird, it is entirely possible to shoot one down accidentally.

Besides, even if shoots being monitored are using the best practice possible, LACS will still be able to use it. If they put any undercover footage on youtube, especially if the video quality is bad or even if the video is made darker, they can make any shoot look bad, even if best practice is being followed. If people watch undercover, low quality footage, a lot of them will assume something bad is happening just because it is undercover and low quality, if you get what I mean.

They posted a video of a shoot a while back as part of their campaign, but what the video showed was a legitimate shoot following the code of good shooting practice vitrually to the letter. But because it was undercover footage, the assumption made by anyone viewing it is that something bad is happening.

We should be more open about what we do, but we should be the ones taking charge of that, not LACS. LACS could turn anything into propaganda, whether any malpractice has taken place or not.

What a poor excuse " it was an accident" , "too close to the pheasant" what if it was a rare bird?. I know I hold my fire when I spot a non target bird too close, it wouldn't be the first time I have downed an extra bird or more with one shot or hit a following bird not the intended one. Claiming it was an accident is just about the worse thing you can say - far better to just carry on and let them film

:lol: I fly these piecesof **** for a living. I wouldn't worry to much, the chance of them getting decent imagery while in the air is pretty slim. They just get blown about and it just makes your feel sick looking at the screen. Also they don't work in the rain.

Good luck to them, it will be funny to see them in court when some one has been hurt from one dropping out the sky.

Also I'm pretty sure that there has to be signs up everywhere in the area that they are flying to say that you are being watched. Otherwise it can't be used as evidence in a court of law. Merseyside police had a problem with this a while back

We are quite safe up here if they don't work in the rain then!