do i clean my gun?

washerboy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I've got OCD with cleaning my guns pal, I'll have a sweat on by now if I didn't give the barrels a good clean , I'll even wipe down the barrels with an oily cloth just moving them in my cabinet :lol:

That's just me though I've always been taught keep your tools clean and they will last you well :good:

I give mine a thorough going over after every shoot. Not least as variance in temperature from outside to inside can cause condensation etc. which will cause moisture problems. Personally I also carry a bore-snake and drag it through each barrel ideally whilst warm after each outing. It makes it a lot easier to clean properly later... Bit like doing the washing up whilst the pan is still hot!

Some of it is psychological. Think of it this way. If you are going shooting and you have the offer of two guns. One has been slung into the cabinet after being used with no attention at all, the other has been cleaned, oiled etc... What would you feel happier with in your hand? Why make life difficult for yourself by not looking after the tool you use?

I have shot about 400 cartridges through my sxs and havnt cleaned the barrels.

Do i ?, or leave it longer or just dont bother.

try and clean it every time you use it "whenever possible"I take it with it been a sxs the barrels won be chrome lined,

Buy a bore snake there the best invention since the wheel.. :)

Buy a bore snake there the best invention since the wheel.. :)

:good:so simple just a squirt of cleaner in the barrel pull through and leave it at that, its so fast it makes sure you do it every time out. Then just a wipe down of the outside and job done

Good Day

re cleaning gun I was always taught when you are finished shooting you clean :

1/ your gun 2/ your kit 3/ yourself. Always in that order no matter how cold/wet or knackered you are.

Push through with a lambswool brush will do most of the time, use a bronze brush occassionally for a bit of scouring on dity patches in the barrels, keep an oily cloth in your kit and wipe the outside of the barrels over to remove any fingermarks etc then put away.

Whole cleaning time will take no more than 5 mins from start to finish.

kind regards