Is it legal to keep cartridges?

• 2 months later...

OK. An old thread, but still....

Having been issued my SGC and bought a Beretta, my FEO is now coming round to inspect my security/cabinet - no problems.

But I have a 5 gun cabinet in which is an air rifle, my Beretta, and 350 cartridges all neatly staked up the side.

I know that cartridges don't have to be stored separately and thought the gun cabinet a secure place. A friend at work suggested that the FEO may not like the idea of gun and shells being in the same cabinet - if anyone does get to the guns, they've then got the ammo to go with it!

I know I'm within the law, but my friend makes a valid point. Any ideas on where or how I should store cartridges?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

OK. An old thread, but still....

Having been issued my SGC and bought a Beretta, my FEO is now coming round to inspect my security/cabinet - no problems.

But I have a 5 gun cabinet in which is an air rifle, my Beretta, and 350 cartridges all neatly staked up the side.

I know that cartridges don't have to be stored separately and thought the gun cabinet a secure place. A friend at work suggested that the FEO may not like the idea of gun and shells being in the same cabinet - if anyone does get to the guns, they've then got the ammo to go with it!

I know I'm within the law, but my friend makes a valid point. Any ideas on where or how I should store cartridges?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

yes far away from your cabinet as *** under your bed or hiden in your wardrob where ever out of site

dont even tell how many shells you have as it dont matter but get them out of your cabinet mate it wont look good

cheers kirky

Cheers for the reply.

My gun cabinet is in my hobby room which already has two tool boxes and a socket set in. But I have been thinking of storing the cartridges in this...

http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/detai...674&ID=4135

I've worked out I can store 36 boxes in it (900 carts); it's padlockable and would just be another tool box but in the same room - is this OK?

If not, can they be stored in the loft safely ie. with heat/cold differences, condensation?

All my ammunition is stored in a digital steel locked safe bolted to the wall, you can buy them from argos

Do they do a 3000 + size,or don`t you expect to shoot more than a box or 2 at a time?

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: You would be surprised, 250 carts will last me about a month, maybe a month and a half

Probably be more though as soon as i get the hang of this decoying lark :lol:

Alot of my shooting is walked up

I keep mine hidden from sight.My flo said the one thing that really pees him off is a good gun cabinet advertised by the shells sitting on top of it.As far as I`m aware there are no legal requirements to keep them under lock and key.

Keeping half a dozen in an easy to reach place, just to be on the safe side, does not constitute an offence :yp:

An old steel double locker with twin hasps and padlocks on.

It stores my Carts (2000+) and all my shooting gear cleaning gear and clothing inc some deeks. Just about everything but the guns themselves :yp:

Cost me £15 and was worth every penny ???

LG

Sounds like a good idea.

Where did you get the locker?

And can you then keep it in the same room as the guns? If I bought one, it would have to go in my hobby room - as it is it'll be difficult finding a space for it.