Car Insurance

Markr

Got my renewal through today for my car insurance (with Tesco) opened it slowly expecting it to hve gone up as it did every year with the coop despite having full no claimes (protected)

got a nice suprise it had actualy gone down by near £60 RESULT!

I have been with Churchill for years, never worried about the cost as it was to me more than reasonable, this years renewal was nothing short of astronomical, phoned them up asking why? no reason just thats the price, shopped about ( actually used Aleksandr) and got insured for less than I paid LAST year, woke me up enough to be bothered to shop about in future.

KW

Look around then ring Tesco and say you can get it cheaper - they might not match so say you like them very much and if they can give you a £30 gift card you will stay - works every time.

I won't change for £30 not worth hassle

dave

I was with Tesco last year. My renewal went up a bit so I went on their site as a `new` customer and it was about £90 less. Changed to Admiral and saved even more.

Car insurance is getting a lot of bad press at the moment due to them assuming you are too lazy to shop around and charging stupid renewal rates. It really takes the p!ss and can't believe they can charge more than if you were a new customer.

My next call is to Sky to try and get that reduced.

Shop around and see what you can get. The comparison sites are quite good.