Catton game fair

biketestace

went tday thought it was abit thin on the ground we shooting stands, clayshoot was enjoyable, but all in all a good day, hope BASC dont pull out, if you look at calton towers the show went down hill big style an shrunk in size an the prices went thru the roof

I think it was a sign of the times, there was a few traders missing.

I don't know if it's the cost to have a pitch there, but if they ain't careful there will only be the BASC standing there in a couple of years!

The amount BASC charge to be a member they can afford it lol

Went today for a mooch and to get a couple of items - food a rip off as usual but as has been said, people missing ( it may be that last year's rained off show season put a few out of business)

Some bargains to be had on the clothing front but found stocks low on some items. I was after boots as was daughter but it seemed that unless you were 8 or smaller you've had it apart from the expensive "brands" and even then the choice was limited.

Still a pleasant day out - started to rain just as we left the ground :rolleyes::rolleyes::whistling:

Edited by Yellow Bear

I've been today ,I now remember why I said I wasn't going to go again after last year !!! No gun shop no ammo if you need clothing then help yourself ,the good stalls from last year weren't there today either

was george bates gun shop there? they usually have a good spread of guns for sale.

No George Bates was not there, there were only a couple, garlands and another selling air rifles (or in garlands case showing), rat catcher and simalar, Brock and BS were there but no interest from me on that stall i'm afraid.

I had a good deal with a bi pod £50 :good: from "sniper systems" Oh! and a critter wirly thingy for Fox's.

And bumped it to a Girl i used to fancy at school :innocent::innocent: Oh! those were the days

Edited by Dougy

No George Bates was not there, there were only a couple, garlands and another selling air rifles (or in garlands case showing), rat catcher and simalar, Brock and BS were there but no interest from me on that stall i'm afraid.

I had a good deal with a bi pod £50 :good: from "sniper systems" Oh! and a critter wirly thingy for Fox's.

And bumped it to a Girl i used to fancy at school :innocent::innocent: Oh! those were the days

was she still as fit as she used to be???

i went saturday morning it was a brilliant, sun shineing ground was plenty dry to walk on, i spent 300 very easy, got 4 packs of plgeons shells with sticks 18 per dozen, hide poles with solid spikes for £25 a 5m stealth net for £21.. then got a hsf advantage timber set for £100 and 2 shirts a tweed gilet and cap for £58 and can forget the pint of cider down the bottom end... only one thing that worried me about that show.. there was a stall with the police firearms down the back and my mate was looking at the guns they use all live working but empty guns and i was able to pick up on the front display a tazer gun, it had no cartridge to fire but was shocked when the officer said to his college "careful thats live" and sure enough he took it off me fliped the safty and off it went sparking like a trooper, now if he hadnt have seen me pick it up and i had fliped it off and done that i could have been in for a shock so to speak...

went today with the mrs , enjoyed it , it must be the only value for money show left now .

got a few dog bits etc and lunch etc , mrs got a few bits , watched the scurries , dog went for a paddle in the fast flowing river :rolleyes: , nearly got swept away.

walked round a couple of times , watched a bit of clay shooting and that star blast thing , then took the dog for a walk on the cross country course before leaving for home

All in all not bad for £10 i thought

I am Red Beard's Wife and we go every year - can honestly say, I didn't enjoy it as much as in previous years. There didn't seem to be as much there and I can't believe they had the exact same entertainment they had in the ring last year!!! Was good to get out for the day with Red Beard, our 6 year old son and our dog, Max!

I am Red Beard's Wife and we go every year - can honestly say, I didn't enjoy it as much as in previous years. There didn't seem to be as much there and I can't believe they had the exact same entertainment they had in the ring last year!!! Was good to get out for the day with Red Beard, our 6 year old son and our dog, Max!

jesus whats she doing on here!

i enjoyed it too,but it was a pity there weren't more gun shops present as its nice to hunt round incase they've got something that takes your fancy.i enjoyed the display of historic weapons they have in the ring every year and are lad loved fussing the hounds,and has changed his mind from wanting jack russell (which i quite fancy) and now wants a beagle!