Security for Pippa

Mitchsan51

Hi PW

I normally keep Pippa in a fenced compound at the side of my gaff. The compound is 10 feet X 8feet.Inside the compond is her kennel where she kips.The compound is 5 feet high and has a gate in and a gate out. I am concerned for her security. Any ideas gratefully received.

WHY are you concerned about security?

Little or no sensible advice can be given unless you elaborate on the perceived threat!

have you missed the shooting press and numerous dog thefts about Dekers?

Simply the best precaution is making sure no one knows she is there and outside, after that you have decent locks on gates and after that lights and cameras and possibly alarms, however the people who steal dogs don't tend to worry and are in and out fast whatever you do but the more precautions the harder you make it for them

have you missed the shooting press and numerous dog thefts about Dekers?

Simply the best precaution is making sure no one knows she is there and outside, after that you have decent locks on gates and after that lights and cameras and possibly alarms, however the people who steal dogs don't tend to worry and are in and out fast whatever you do but the more precautions the harder you make it for them

Yeah, I've also seen about all the rapes, burglaries, car accidents, muggings, trees falling on people in hurricanes, political unrest around the world and illegal immigrants taking over this country, etc etc, what has that got to do with this?

I still don't know what HIS perceived threat is!

Edited by Dekers

Yeah, I've also seen about all the rapes, burglaries, car accidents, muggings, trees falling on people in hurricanes, political unrest around the world and illegal immigrants taking over this country, etc etc, what has that got to do with this?

I still don't know what HIS perceived threat is!

I thought his reply was quite clear, he wants to protect against theft.

I am putting a kennel in the garden for my two at the new house, luckily the garden is quite secure and backs onto other houses. However I am planning on buying the galvanised metal panels and fitting a decent padlock to the gate and make sure it cant be belted off with a big hammer etc. I think alarms and lights are a waste of money as they are all a bit too late or in the wrong position so either dont go off when someone comes in the garden of goes off everytime the neighbors cat walks in your garden.

Personally I want to make it as difficult as possible to actually steal them so metal panels and HD locks should mean they have to make a lot of noise to get to the dogs and by then someone should be poking their head out the window to see what is going on.

in my old house I used an area inside garage, basically large sleeping box, smashed hole through wall to the outside run, it worked well, as some scrote tried nicking the dogs, they simply went into garage and barked their heads off, my ex missus moaned at me for chasing him down the road stark ******* naked, he ran bloody fast, maybe thought he was gonna get a bum deal :lol: