Shooting Hares

saab6110

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, you guys you don't have any shame shooting an animal blinded by your high powered flash lights?

In civilized Europe, only the poachers are doing what you do!

What is your explanation in your deference ???

I don't think we need to explain anything to Europe!

?.

The light is used because at last check I can't see in the dark. It doesn't blind, it in fact makes them aware and encourages them to bolt.

Actually that was a weighted question, you can't educate pork.

Add - should have said only when legal. The law has been created to tell me what I can and can not do.

That pork is back ;)

If is pest control,(not hunting anyway) why not just spread some poison for hares, pigeons etc to be more efficient!!!

Putting the light between the eyes,without to give them a chance is not ethical at all!

havent poisons got a sub clause, something about not being responcable for random killing of other things? sort of indisriminantly finding there way into water and other species, some times humans...

If is pest control,(not hunting anyway) why not just spread some poison for hares, pigeons etc to be more efficient!!!

Putting the light between the eyes,without to give them a chance is not ethical at all!

Is your issue just with using a lamp, is it therefore ok to shoot them during the day?

havent poisons got a sub clause, something about not being responcable for random killing of other things? sort of indisriminantly finding there way into water and other species, some times humans...

they are illegal full stop, but I get the feeling this is just a very poor trolling efort

they are illegal full stop, but I get the feeling this is just a very poor trolling efort

no its a very very sarkastic remark..

those nutering agents that sterilise animals work very well apparently, but..damn that is soooo moraly rong, along with what any oap knows about the good old days and wonging some poison down..some kid eats it sooner or later, some always finds it way to where it shouldnt be etc etc blah blah...

shootings more humane, safer and totaly selective...the problem is those in hi places, like hi chairs, find it so much more convenient to meddle than actualy deal with something.

my favourate is the animal luver, sits there shouting the odds on this that n cruel the other, finds a rat in the house and freaks! suddenly it's ok just this one time and puts the poison down, then freeks again when they find it dead some days later, internals desolved or what ever nasty it is in there nicker draw, or the airing cupboard or anywhere cosey and quiet...

lead in its ear its all over in an instant, but noooo shooter are cruel?

troll? are they on the list? lol dohhhhh :lol:

edit, a long time ago we had a serious debate to the pro's and cons of romance verses actualy sorting out numbers of rodents, the actual idia of having an age old proven method at hand, i.e. hunting, then applying the romantic notions like you have to chaise them off first, then if that doesnt work 'spose you'll have to eventualy do something'.. why not capture 2000 rats of some food cylo, pop them in a big van and nip next door, open the letter box and shute the lot in there...solved the cylo problem didnt it?

gawd and you call me troll lmao!!

Edited by stoogey

clearly my point stands, to assist i have provided a helpful definition:

You can't educate pork:

"The meaning is you can't educated something with an inability to comprehend."

less polite versions are available.. feel free to google

Who left the door open, will someone please lock it when he has gone!

Personally wouldn't shoot hares this time of year as unlike rabbits (who will farm their own young out to younger does), do raise them themselves.

However, I do shoot them in the autumn/winter months and find them very tasty. Hare Madras made in the slow cooker being a particular family favourite.

Was driving round new perm yesterday with farmer 21 counted over 3 fields, farmer wants them left alone. New code of practice just been published by BASC,haven't read it yet.

It says what we all know and have been doing for years.

In very simple terms, if they are a problem then you can deal with them whenever you like, if they are not leave them alone! :good:

Was driving round new perm yesterday with farmer 21 counted over 3 fields, farmer wants them left alone. New code of practice just been published by BASC,haven't read it yet.

thats like our game shoot decent numbers and no real damage, get down the road a bit and the numbers are far higher and once or twice a year you have a day on them and get them back to a number the ground can support without too much damage. Done in February so before they breed, as for trying to do the same with beagles no chance there are simply too many