a stomper of a buck

cocker3

Well where do i start yesterday was a cracking day here os after dinner i went for a stalk to one of my perms i arrived at 7pm with the sun still strong in the sky and just a light westerly breeze i had a look round a few fields but no joy only doe,s out feeding so i decided to go to a spot where i do t usualy see many roe but do see the odd fox i settled down and thought i will give it an hour or so i had been sitting for only a few seconds when i spotted movment about 250 yards down the edge of the wood it was a buck heading back in i was unsure if he had been sitting out sunning him self or he had just come out and winded me any way he looked big VERY BIG i sat for over an hour but he never showed up again cursingand blinding i headed back to the car and decided to come back at first light.

4.30 am and i was out the door like a shot with the wind blowing hard for the west again i new i would have to come in from the other side of the wood .when i arrived it was still dark so i got set up and waited dawn came i and no movement the two doe,s came trotting out the wood about 200 yards or so froms me they had no idea i was there happy days at 5.45 the big lad came into view just inside the wood but all i could see was his back end as he walked up the edge of the wood going away from me i knew there was a hole in the wall about 100 yards from where i was set up and figured this was where he was heading and sure enough he popped ot through the hole a couple of seconds later and trotted out into the field .as soon as he cleard the wood i could see he was massive he made 40 yards into the field and started to feed i put the cross hair on him and said a wee prayer long the lines of please god dont let me **** this up i set the cross hair on his chest and squeezed the trigger that lovely sound of a solid thump and he was down clean as a whistle .on inspection he was massive with a huge rack measuring just under 12 long YEH THAT BIG i am no expert but and prity sure he will be a gold medal the first for me he weighed 51 lb cleaned on the hook

Now off to bed to catch up on some sleep

Thanks for looking

post-15459-0-09080700-1367131250_thumb.jpg

post-15459-0-54674200-1367131353_thumb.jpg

Cracking Buck....and nice write up, they are not around my way as I would love too knock over one.

TEH

thanks buddy

Great write up ! His huge !!!

thanks buddy yeh he is a stomper

Well done mate , he sure is a belter. Hope he goes Gold for ya. Let us know the weight once you get him cleaned.

thanks mark so do i hope he goes gold just cleaning it now will post pictures when its done

Cracking old fella by the looks,and beauts of coronets.Get him all clean and let us know the weight when you get oot your scratcher.

will do gaji cleaning now speak to you later on

Well done Andy :good: :good: :good: tis a braw beast :yes:

Thanks tam

Nice rack gaj get it cleaned and bleached and let's see a few pics! He's a stoncker for the lothians.

ta gaji hink he is one o fozzies hahah will post when done speak to ya soon

What a Superb looking Buck!!Well done Andy.Really pleased for you bud.

ATVB.

thanks mark just hope he cleans up ok lol

Cracking buck and a good write up, well done.

S

thanks buddy

Now that really is a buck to be proud of mate, well done.

Nice write up too, thanks!

thanks pete i am really proud of him how is yer wife doing mate Edited by cocker3

Cracker. hopefully he's a gold !

thanks buddy heres hoping

cracking buck there, he looks like he will have good weight when you get the head prepared. :good:

thanks buddy i hope he does have good weight he has the size

Very nice indeed,your persistence was rewarded :good:

Thanks buddy

What a superb buck well done

thanks doc

Dina phone Andy.Will be away to the scratcher for Inverness early but will check on here for a weight fella or text through and I'll give you a bell the morn. Will only get a reception at night so will try then. Hopefully it's got plenty weight and surely make gold.

My longest has beams of 11 and 10.5 inches and only made bronze but its weak beamed and yours looks way stronger,esp at the coronets.

Edited by sako751sg

Dina phone Andy.Will be away to the scratcher for Inverness early but will check on here for a weight fella or text through and I'll give you a bell the morn. Will only get a reception at night so will try then. Hopefully it's got plenty weight and surely make gold.

My longest has beams of 11 and 10.5 inches and only made bronze but its weak beamed and yours looks way stronger,esp at the coronets.

will do fella i will stick it in one of the ovens at work and force dry it a bit will text you with a weight the moro gajo enjoy yer self buddy