Beretta 692 or Browning B725

Beansprout

I've been looking to update my o/u clay gun for a while now with a max budget of £4000. I think I've narrowed it down to the Beretta 692 and the Browning B725 Grade 5. Both are very different clay guns but are pretty good looking in my opinion. Both feel and handle very well, although I am yet to shoot the 692.

Before I commit to either, I would like to hear anyone's option.

For that sort of money, I would want a better gun than either of those.

The 692 won't cost that much. The grade 5 just has better wood and engraving, which won't break more clays. Depends what you want.

If you want something very nice to look at. or something made for the job. Kemen, Perazzi, DT10 spring to mind.

The 692 won't cost that much. The grade 5 just has better wood and engraving, which won't break more clays. Depends what you want.

If you want something very nice to look at. or something made for the job. Kemen, Perazzi, DT10 spring to mind.

That sums it up nicely! :good:

...... Kemen, Perazzi, DT10 spring to mind.

Out of interest, what is it that makes these guns 'better' than 692 or 725. (I am not saying they aren't - just wonder what constitutes 'better')

Will the chap shoot better with those, in the same way as a grade 5 will not help him hit more than a grade 1? Or are you referring to 'quality'?

Out of interest, what is it that makes these guns 'better' than 692 or 725. (I am not saying they aren't - just wonder what constitutes 'better')

Will the chap shoot better with those, in the same way as a grade 5 will not help him hit more than a grade 1? Or are you referring to 'quality'?

In terms of the DT10 it is finished off in the Beretta custom shop.

So seeing as the density of wood is different on each stock and the barrels vary in weight gun to gun you are getting someone to balance them up and hand finish the gun off, this doesn't happen on the 692 series.

The balance of the gun can make a big difference to scores, however it's personal preference so you might not like how mr Beretta sets it up or you might prefer how the 692 handles so it is completely subjective.

But the theory is that the gun has had some fine tuning rather than sent out the door as soon as it has comes off the production line.

Edited by timps

the op might aswel get a baikal for £200 then if it doesnt matter!

the op might aswel get a baikal for £200 then if it doesnt matter!

I wasn't suggesting that at all! I didn't say it didn't matter....

I fully appreciate that there are benefits to better quality and better handling guns. I wasn't sure if these guns are better from a quality point of view, a handling point of view, or maybe both.

These guns may be far superior in all terms. I certainly do not begrudge people spending that money on them either.

Edited by rich_morris

In terms of the DT10 it is finished off in the Beretta custom shop.

So seeing as the density of wood is different on each stock and the barrels vary in weight gun to gun you are getting someone to balance them up and hand finish the gun off, this doesn't happen on the 692 series.

The balance of the gun can make a big difference to scores, however it's personal preference so you might not like how mr Beretta sets it up or you might prefer how the 692 handles so it is completely subjective.

But the theory is that the gun has had some fine tuning rather than sent out the door as soon as it has comes off the production line.

Thanks - I didn't know that there was that level of work going into them (on top of a mass produced gun) - that's the sort of work that I guess is mostly hand finished, so therefore contributes a lot to cost...not obvious from their appearance

spend two hours in a shop handling both guns,then start picking up Parazzi's DT10,Ultra XS presiege(my gun) and see where the money goes,for 4K I'd be going down the used parazzi route without a doubt,after doing it with my Ultra XS the difference in balance is noticable