Goodbye old friend

English archer

Harley has been struggling to walk lately, and we knew the end was approaching.

But this morning when he came in, he couldn't weight bear on one of his rear legs.

So a trip to the vets it was, the vet said he had either been hit by a car, or had a bad fall, fracturing his hip and leg. and the only option was to put him to sleep.

Goodbye old friend,we had 19 wonderful years together, you will be missed.

D6D6C447-D5D3-40C7-8AA2-816C92535312-449

C357B8B9-1135-4B4D-8BE9-82079F5DFD38-449

8F2861DD-40BB-4B99-90DC-6DFD1D688B20-449

Beautiful cat, I have always had black and white cats myself currently have two females from a animal shelter one of whom had been starved and locked in a room until the neighbours called the rspca from its crying, now she's very friendly and loving, I have always prefered cats to dogs. My last one had to be put down after 14 years as he had fluid on his chest, I grew up with him and cried my eyes out that night, im very sorry for your loss.

19 years old is very good he sounds very special, at least you have all the good memories mate.

If you've never had pets, I don't think you can understand how tragic losing them can be. Having pets also opens your eyes to just how much "personality" an animal can actually have and causes you to have much more respect for other wildlife I think. As sad as it sounds, my cat is a good friend - she comes to wake me up if I've overslept and even helps to pick up pigeon feathers. Okay, she doesn't like to chat about cars or women and she can't handle her drink but I've certainly got worse friends. Just remember the good times!..

If you've never had pets, I don't think you can understand how tragic losing them can be. Having pets also opens your eyes to just how much "personality" an animal can actually have and causes you to have much more respect for other wildlife I think. As sad as it sounds, my cat is a good friend - she comes to wake me up if I've overslept and even helps to pick up pigeon feathers. Okay, she doesn't like to chat about cars or women and she can't handle her drink but I've certainly got worse friends. Just remember the good times!..

Well said..just how I feel but I have a terrier not a cat..

:( :(

My buster was ran over by an idiot neighbour at 2 years old and last year i had his sister put down at 5 years old due to cat leukemia :( off a cat bite. I now have jessy aged 3 and diesel 2 .

All my cats have been black and white with a couple of fluffy ones in the mix :) . Buster used to wait at the bottom of the street everyday after work ,I'd pull up ,open door and drive up with him on my lap lol.

My ex missis is giving me another kitten in a few weeks which the girlfriends named gracie lol .

I remember when buster died at the vets. I drove home and dug a hole but found I couldn't stop digging until I was 2' down and wrists were swollen as I was so angry and upset my mum stopped me .I turned around and 9 families out the street had came to say bye as he was a local personality :).

Theirs a spare girl kitten wanting a good home if your near tamworth at all .