Who still buys newspapers

welsh1

I am curious to hear if any one still buys newspapers,i find the only time i read one these days is if i am luckily enough to be in a greasy spoon with a breakfast,i cannot remember the last time i bought one.

I read at least 3 papers on line,and also sky news, bbc,huffington post etc so feel i am getting a balanced view of what is being said,and i have the added advantage that media on line is updated as the day moves on,something the paper can not do.

So daily paper, or read online?

Neither, normally listen to the radio as I drive a lot during the day then buy a selection of Sunday papers to catch up on the weeks news.

Good point about the radio,i do the same when working through the week,but find that i end up listening to radio 4 and 2 so it is news as the bbc sees it.

Used to read the paper every lunch at work. Switched roles, now i only read a paper if im on the train and i dont have a book with me. Wifi on the trains are terrible.

Load up your paper in a wifi area at home or work, then you can read it on the train as you won't need to keep uploading.

Load up your paper in a wifi area at home or work, then you can read it on the train as you won't need to keep uploading.

Might give that a go. I know i downloaded clay shooter and sporting shooter and once they were downloaded, didn't need wifi! Just need to remember to do it lol

read a paper everyday at work nutters buy em read em and leave em in the canteen everyday.so the sun ,mirror and star daily .times maybe twice a week and in the summer bournmouth echo cos of caravanners at work :oops: .not bought one for years got skynews free :yahoo: on my fone

I haven’t read a paper, paper in donkey’s years. Total junk. If I need the news it's on the radio every half hour and if you’re really desperate then there is news 24/7 on the tv. I usually watch Al Jazeera to balance the BBC 24. The local BBC South Today is a pile of rubbish with trivial nonsense that isn’t in the slightest bit interesting. EG > Amateur reporters asking really stupid questions or stirring up some story about sheep being exported through Ramsgate of Dover.

Hate the tabloids. They print so much **** its unreal. Lies and any junk to sell the rags.

Read online now, mainly sky and huffington.

I like huffington, its very fluid with people commenting and discussing,you can get a lot of different people's perspectives on an article.

I think a lot of people's attention span has changed (as in diminished) with technology, I think mine has. I browse news online, catch some news on the radio, but that's about it. 20 years ago I would happily buy a paper (do the crossword too) but nowadays, never.

I picked up a Daily Mail in a waiting room the other day and put it down after about 20 seconds.