British Lions Tour 2013

bullet boy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed a bit warm for the big fellas. Did you see the sweat pouring off of them? Mind you I used to play in worse in Singapore and that was in old fashioned proper rugby tops that soaked up water like a sponge not these fancy skin type tops you get today.

I agree it was a messy game.

His place kicking was good enough, but not the same dynamism that we saw for England and the occasional Sarries match. Sexton on the other hand, looked poor in both areas!

Im thinking the number 10 spot is going to be our weak spot,and although i was against it hugely a month or two ago Wilkonson would get my vote now if he would pull on the jersey.

Farrell can be and could be a liability!IMO he is easily rattled-ok you can say he's young and inexperienced but he's a British Lion and the Aussies will try and wind him up.

Like you said Dave(sako751sg),the 10 spot could be a weak spot for the Tourists.

His place kicking was good enough, but not the same dynamism that we saw for England and the occasional Sarries match. Sexton on the other hand, looked poor in both areas!

I agree completely. Sexton was not good. I am hoping farrell will get better, i would prefer Wilco any day after the performance from these two.

Farrell can be and could be a liability!IMO he is easily rattled-ok you can say he's young and inexperienced but he's a British Lion and the Aussies will try and wind him up.

Like you said Dave(sako751sg),the 10 spot could be a weak spot for the Tourists.

Aussies will have him in their pocket and his temper will get the better of him.......... I fear a rash of yellow cards or periods on the bench

Indeed. looks like we've found our kicker! It's not just the success rate, but the positions from which he kicked. We're going to need someone who can keep banging over pens and conversions, just to give scoreboard pressure; looks like Halfpenny is the man. Cooler under pressure than Farrell too...

I fear all the teams will be fielding weakened sides in a bid to leave us unprepared for the Wallabies in the first test.

Halfpenny's goal kicking was excellent, he really took the weight off Sexton. O'Brien was everywhere and Heaslip did himself no harm at all. Looking forward to the Reds on Saturday.