12 weeks to go

pestcontrol1

NE caused us no end of grief on the Humber a few years ago with consents and their interpretation of the precautionary principle. We manged to meet them somewhere in the middle but still lost shooting areas. They were very very difficult to work with.

Our NE 'point of contact' man is impossible to work with because he completely ignores all emails and telephone calls.

We have complained to his boss and his bosses boss but things haven't changed one iota. They are out of control.

BASC has been very helpfull but we are only a six man syndicate and their resources are not infinite.

The struggle has gone on ever since 1996 when NE purchased the marsh.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO they have an agenda, they are populated by ecomentalists who are not disposed towards fieldsports, despite what they publicly say.

Our NE 'point of contact' man is impossible to work with because he completely ignores all emails and telephone calls.

We have complained to his boss and his bosses boss but things haven't changed one iota. They are out of control.

BASC has been very helpfull but we are only a six man syndicate and their resources are not infinite.

The struggle has gone on ever since 1996 when NE purchased the marsh.

It does appear that these types have now reached all levels of NE. The behaviour displayed by their lower management towards their 'customers' would not be tolerated by any boss hoping to make way in the 'real' world. They are allowed to get away with it with impunity. Even good manners and common civilities, like the acknowledgement of a letter or email, replying to a telephone message, etc, are just ignored and allowed to be so. It is just plain arrogance. They treat us, the public, with utter contempt.

I am a full member at GWA so if you are stuck for people to take you then give me a shout.

Have you joined as an associate member? If so then you will do the associate flights in September I presume

I joined GWA last year after moving back south... If you need some company to accompany you going out, give me a shout as well... might not have loads of knowledge as still learning myself, but am available mid week as well.

Should see you at the Associate shoots as I intend to go to them again this year.

Nic

Edited by nic

Its a long cold swim & the loch at the bottom of my field is over a mile long so there & back its 2 miles :lol: are you sure ? :whistling:

Wait a minute....lol....you said back of my house in grass field.....ok ok...I will swim for you....wheres did I put my camo PINK mankini...mhmmmm :ninja::ninja: :ninja: :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Wait a minute....lol....you said back of my house in grass field.....ok ok...I will swim for you....wheres did I put my camo PINK mankini...mhmmmm :ninja::ninja: :ninja: :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Got new grass at the back of my cottage going all the way down to the loch & not so new grass at the front going all the way up hill to the next boundary fence ! ( I don't tell lies ! ) :good:

Spotted a few broods today out on the Nene washes whilst walking the dog.

Certainly does stir up the anticipation for the coming season.

There"ll be as always quite a few young "flappers" about but 99% of the blokes leave them well alone and quite rightly so. Still nice to see though.

I know you don't tell lies, I was kidding a little

I did work that out Highbird & hope you have a good season , its getting close now but the greylags are scarcer here on my land than they have been for ages but so long as I get 1 or 2 on or around the 1st I will be happy as I am not a numbers type :) .

I did work that out Highbird & hope you have a good season , its getting close now but the greylags are scarcer here on my land than they have been for ages but so long as I get 1 or 2 on or around the 1st I will be happy as I am not a numbers type :) .

I am sure you will have a good season too, I have to learn a lot about wildfowling, especially goose recognition

The anticipation of the new season is starting to excite me a little (ok a lot) cant wait to get out in all weathers on the solway hopefully the dog will be nearly there by then with his training

Chana if your not too far away could sort a couple of flights if you fancy it just drop a pm for details

Myself and Passionforangling have just joined the GWA as associate me will be mbers, we rely on the full members to take us out, thanks lord they are fantastic and always helpful, the plan for the 1st of September its to go to a marsh that's not very frequently visited, because the other marshes will be well populated with members.

Hopefully we will see some ducks, not really bothered if we will manage to put one in the pot, I want to try the callers that I bought and the decoys, to see how they work, at the moment my calling with the primo single reed, its going very well....when I call its sound like a cross of grizzly bear and a humpback whale in heat....a great improvement from 3 weeks ago, when its sounded like the metical Yeti from Tibet and a grey back gorilla.