12 weeks to go

pestcontrol1

12 weeks? That's far too long. Exams are all passed so no re-sits!just got to wait now for early season geese, then off to Spain with uni mates, then back for freshers :YP: September needs to hurry the **** up!

To buy list is a mallard call. Mother line and clips for deeks. 3 1/2 steel for the geese,(winch or Remington nitro?) might even buy a goose flag for a try this year.

Currently mulling over selling the 10 as I haven't bothered to buy in the reloading gear yet!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 fields in new grass one above my home & one just sown below my home running down to the loch so am expecting a good show & some new ideas to try out & might even give my old db flint gun a go over the decoys , should be interesting ?. :) .

Eat your hearts out empty heads ! :P & you know who you are :lol: ! . Wishing all decent wild fowler conservationist a good season when it comes .

ATB Pole Star

I have 2 fields in new grass one above my home & one just sown below my home running down to the loch so am expecting a good show & some new ideas to try out & might even give my old db flint gun a go over the decoys , should be interesting ?. :) .

Eat your hearts out empty heads ! :P & you know who you are :lol: ! . Wishing all decent wild fowler conservationist a good season when it comes .

ATB Pole Star

I know where to go and shoot a few geese then...ty Polestar :good::whistling::whistling:

On the more serious side....This year will be my first with GWA- Gloustershire wildfowling association, hopefully the more experience guys will take us out and share their very precious knowledge.....3 of us have joined the GWA....Passionforangling, Oscardad and me.

Fingers crossed

All ready to go just checked the boat over trailer and given the engine a once over. decoys and mother lines all sorted plenty of shells... but did find a small nick in the waders. so they need to be patched. dam things..

Just hope we don't have the same amount of rain like last season.. And with a bit of luck we will have a few days of the white stuff.

Anyone got waders from cabelas, thinking of getting a pair I know they are a bit on the pricey side but if they are good then it maybe worth it?

All ready to go just checked the boat over trailer and given the engine a once over. decoys and mother lines all sorted plenty of shells... but did find a small nick in the waders. so they need to be patched. dam things..

Just hope we don't have the same amount of rain like last season.. And with a bit of luck we will have a few days of the white stuff.

Anyone got waders from cabelas, thinking of getting a pair I know they are a bit on the pricey side but if they are good then it maybe worth it?

If the waders are anything like the coats they do, then they'll be very good! I've been considering a pair of chesties from them myself

Yeah I think so. I'm up north and getting the lead shells for inland is like hens teeth as well!

Whats the 10bore?

I have found the remi nitro steel easy to get and it does the job through my s/s.

Also got a few rhino lead loads incase I get a chance inland up there.

My local shop has a good stock of remi nitro, sportsman and did hav a good few boxea of rhino

Not cheap but well worth it in my eyes.

I cant outshoot a 12bore but its not about extra range for me, the 10 is just a lump i love to shoot.

I was planning on reloading bismuth or ITX but i see no reason too yet. The steel loads can do the job at ranges I aren't yet confident at, until i am comfortable and more confident in myself I wont spend the extra

As a seasoned Fowler and not having missed the 1st in over 20 years up until this past couple of seasons' I really dont get that excited about September.

Come October and a noticeable drop in temperature and the migratory fowl start powering in' its then I get that uncontrollable urge to venture forth.

Its gone far too fast for me this off season, i was trying to get a few loads with TSS shot worked up but i have only had a few hours on this so far with just two months left now its time to get motavated, because it will be here before you know it and then nothing will get done.

On the more serious side....This year will be my first with GWA- Gloustershire wildfowling association, hopefully the more experience guys will take us out and share their very precious knowledge.....3 of us have joined the GWA....Passionforangling, Oscardad and me.

Fingers crossed

I am a full member at GWA so if you are stuck for people to take you then give me a shout.

Have you joined as an associate member? If so then you will do the associate flights in September I presume