12 weeks to go

pestcontrol1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

money in the piggy bank for the annual trip(s) to Scotland

cartridges in the cupboard (probably enough for the next 4 season!!)

need to sort a good coat and some waders!

just need to get the 10 bore out for a few shots to remind myself how to shoot it!

Hope my two new members are saving up for the breakfasts

I have saved up for a breakfast , what do you mean by breakfast's is that as in more than one :lol:

Other than that I have brought nothing !!

Been looking for a decent stick but begrudge paying 40 quid for a bit of tree !

Still not decided on attire but will have to get something to replace my neoprene chest waders for early season and still not sure about what coat .

I have saved up for a breakfast , what do you mean by breakfast's is that as in more than one :lol:

Other than that I have brought nothing !!

Been looking for a decent stick but begrudge paying 40 quid for a bit of tree !

Still not decided on attire but will have to get something to replace my neoprene chest waders for early season and still not sure about what coat .

I picked up a decent stick for £4 at a game fair, glued the brass off a cartridge on one end and will put the thumb bit on the top when i finish it!

My advice is to get a waterproof coat and trousers, i got a little wet a few times last season!

I need to buy some goose shot and a new jacket other than that am ready to go. Might pick up a jacket when I am down deer stalking in august.

Hope you are coming down to join us here for a shot aister & we will be up in Shetland. ps will give you a go with my 8bore if you & your mates can make it here :) .

I can't wait! Hopefully there will be plenty of geese to shoot inland and on the foreshore this season. I'm getting a bag of heavyweight 13 to use on the geese this year.

Might buy some waist waders for early season, i tend to sweat a bit in full neoprene after a good walk in september.

I can't wait! Hopefully there will be plenty of geese to shoot inland and on the foreshore this season. I'm getting a bag of heavyweight 13 to use on the geese this year.

Might buy some waist waders for early season, i tend to sweat a bit in full neoprene after a good walk in september.

i bought some Hevi 13 when I was over in the US. Looks good.

Not loaded it yet but it will stay in the cupboard until my stock of Hevi shot run out (which may take some time)

i bought some Hevi 13 when I was over in the US. Looks good.

Not loaded it yet but it will stay in the cupboard until my stock of Hevi shot run out (which may take some time)

I've still got a couple of kilos of hevishot left, but i like trying different things so bought the heavyweight 13.

im ready ,have stick waders,wellies coat ,steel bought n homeloads and nearly 4.99 towards a certain mentors breakfast .the missus says if im a good boy she,l lend me the rest :lol::lol: .oh and 1 note book so il remember which end of the gun to point at the geese :whistling: .havent told her yet if we go saturday and sunday il need money for two ayano3 sized breakfasts. :rolleyes:

In truth all my prep was done an hour before setting off for morning flight on the first last season!

Rummage in shed for gear, another rummage in the cupboard for a few shells, flask made, then off to the car park to meet the rest of the lads.

Thing is it just never seems to work out that way ! always something the gremlims have nicked or some thing the dog has chewed up ! :) .

Always need to have my calls with me, if I forget them then I feel at a serious disadvantage.

I once lost a lanyard full, that was traumatic!

Now I have back ups for each so if the worse does not happen I have replacements ready.

Edited by scolopax

Always need to have my calls with me, if I forget them then I feel at a serious disadvantage.

I once lost a lanyard full, that was traumatic!

Now I have back ups for each so if the worse does not happen I have replacements ready.

Good thinking I lost the reed end from my caller last season in the field in front of my house & I walked up & down that field to the pallet hide so many times I have now given up so no choice but to by a whole caller , seems mad when I have half of it already .