Lithium Batteries

Hi All

Just an update to a previous post - I have been using two 10ah lithiums from China to power my magnet since August and they are still going strong - good for at least 12 hours per charge.

I notice they have just dropped the price to £28 a pair inc postage.

I forgot to charge the lithiums last week and had to take a 14ah lead acid and it nearly killed me.

Regards to all

Simply copy the address at the top of the page, starts with HTTP or WWW. then paste it on here. Looks like gobble-de-gook when you paste it, but once you hit the post button it converts to a direct link.

Like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Design-DC-12V-Portable-9800mAh-Li-ion-Super-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-/310672914757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item48558c7945

Edited by Cosd

HI

I tape the two batteries together trapping the charging leads so they dont flap about then tape two female adaptors together and plug in the power out leads from the batteries then wire the adaptors together in parrallel and use croc clips to feed the speed control / magnet.

I've tried to attach a photo but the file is 'too big' - will get my computer whizz son to help later, I know thers a way of downsizing the files without losing too much quality.

I reality it's easy to do just hard to explain without pictures .

Someone said about buying one for £14 - once the magnet is rotating it is possible to disconnect one battery and run it on one but you have to turn up the speed control to maintain the correct revs. It seemed to me to be 'struggling' (and would only last half as long) so opted to use two. I know lithiums are supposed to stand deep discharge better than lead acid but seems sense to stress them less.

Photos will follow I promise.

Hi Again!!!

Photo attached

The two leads near the switches are for charging (one charger comes free with each battery)

The two green and black adaptors shown on their own are taped together and plugged into the power out leads from the batterry as shown above.

Look carefully at the ends of the attached adaptors and you will see the red and green/yellow insulation on the jumpers that connect the batteries in parrallel.

The crocs on the magnet clip onto the exposed bit of the jumpers.

If you only expose a little copper on each jumper a short cannot occur

I hope I've saved someone some heavy lugging of kit

Regards

post-58189-0-55055100-1371631755_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

20ah li-ion batt pack

2x 9800mah li-ion packs fm china

1 x http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150848282681?var=450088878546&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1 x cable fm an old car charger with spades on to match my rotor terminals.

job done....now for a test on the rotor this pm :good:

DSCF19465_zpsa0850d31.jpg

DSCF1945_zps532ce6ae.jpg

Edited by stu nesling

DO NOT CHARGE THESE BATTERIES UNATTENDED. CHEAP CHINESE LITHIUM ION BATTERIES HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO EXPLODED INTO FLAMES DURING CHARGING.

Other than that, have fun!

I use them all the time for my RC planes I charge them in a lipo sack, means no probs.

KW

Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries have been used in the RC world for many years now, Yes don't leave them unattended while charging, and use a charger meant for these type of batteries, most of the problem occur when they are over charged. The word "Exploded" is a bit dramatic, more like burst into flames.

i had an issue yesterday when i tried to power the rotor up. it would not go!

it just twitched! not sure what was wrong....maybe they have a circuit built in that limits the amperage!

to protect the battery? batts are fine but not sure they can supply the juice needed for a homemade wiper motor rotor!!

maybe fine on a shop bought low amperage jobby.

any ideas let me know pse

stu