Nearly got crushed by a car today

njc110381

So reading between the lines you "parked"an old log burner in the highway and then blamed the nice little old lady who was doing nothing more than minding her own business driving safely and slowly whilst wearing a pair of specs with the drop down shades, shame on you!

Glad to hear your ok, I once parked a motor bike along side a wooden bus shelter, a guy then proceeded to park his spinning out of control car on the bus shelter and if it weren't for my bike a young lady would almost certainly been crushed, my little bike had acted like an anchor, foot pegs had ripped into the car floor and handle bars and pegs into the ground on the other side

A few years ago when MIL was alive, she my wife and two kids went for a day trip to Whitby or Scarborough.

MIL uses wheel chair, wife pushing, narrow road no pavement. Along comes a coach doing more than the speed limit, slowed down not a jot.

Wife struggling to get her mother and the kids out of the way, All would have been flattened but for the actions of one strong and fast gentleman. He pushed the kids out of the way and almost lifted wife, MIL and wheelchair to safety. Coach carried on driver could not have seen them.

Don't know who that heroic gent was but I hope he's won the lottery, cos he's well worth it.

Glad you're ok Neil, if you were closer I'd have got you a gallon to go with your ruby.

ATB

Bri

Yea glad your ok buddy, i have had a few close calls with old ladies driving in to me, the last one drove into the back of me, i calld the law as i have never heard language like that come out of a little old woman,

her excus was that i was speeding and came out of no where, lucky for me the whitness said otherwise, well they had no choice really. i was parked with my hazzards on.

my car had no damage, the fact that my towbar had absorbed most of the damage, her little car was wrecked and firmly embedded onto it,

needless to say i took great satisfaction when i pulled my car forward, ripping her radiator and bumper off in doing so.

i always hated tow bars (cursed mine on the old car a few times when i smaked my shin on it going to my boot, but it saved the car,

i might invest in a full OAP protection system

8T12SYC_1(Camry)%20(Large).jpg

I'm quite a regular at our local curry house and from going by what I used to order they made up a dish for me that is't on the menu. I've got no idea what it is, I just order "the usual" and they come back with something I've never had anywhere else?!

I had a stand up row with my mother about her stopping driving because of her sight. She listened after a week thanks god. I did have to threaten to report her to the DVLA and she threatened to disown me....

sounds like a win win situation