Hyundai Terracan

TaxiDriver

The model name is very naff but (terror can), Hyundais however are generally sound mechanically.

I've previously had a Hyundai Trajet (aka Trajick) served me well as a Private hire people carrier

Trajet had a record of gearbox issues and mine had a main dealer/manufacturer rebuild one week AFTER the 5yr warranty expired, So Fair Play to them.

My neighbour has a Tuscon, I like the idea of the Terracan being a bit bigger still.

If my memory is correct it is a remake of an older model of the Mitsubisi Shogun(?) with slightly lowered suspension and some cosmetic design changes.

I know two people who own them and they are well pleased although it is less capable off road than the original vehicle upon which it based.

One of my bigger farmers has one and despite being a dyed in the wool Land Rover lover like the rest of us, he will now not touch anything else. He drove me round his fields to show me the boundaries and simply could not stop talking about it; he's had a few Disco's and Defenders but the Terracan according to him rides better, uses less diesel, doesn't get stuck and doesn't break down. He did nearly a ton in it on the motorway just to show me how quiet it was :lol: and then hit some snow covered field doing over 30 and just hit the electronic 4x4 button.

I'm on a promise to source him the last of the shape which apparently are 2007 when his 04 dies.

Im checking out the market for one,

if you deceide to bid on one on ebay then let me know,

we don't want to bid on the same car bud !!!!!!!!!

Bta

Knock Yesrself out Fella - Bid Away

Im just starting to look around for something to buy once I've sold up the taxi and private hire vehicles