£2000 Shotgun.

rimfire4969

I am hoping that before the next game season starts i will be in the nice position to buy a new to me gun. I am going to go secondhand and will have somewhere around £2000.00. It will be used mostly for driven and walked up game, pigeon and a few clays i also shoot a few duck so it needs to be steel proofed. I will still have my old Silver Pigeon to use when out bramble bashing. I have narrowed down my list below, a Beretta seems my best bet as i already have one and shoot quite well with it.

I would like an under/over 28 or 30" and i would like something with sideplates. I would love a EELL but don't think unless i am very lucky my money will stretch that far.

Beretta Silver Pigeon V, no sideplates

Beretta Silver Pigeon EL

Beretta Silver Pigeon EL II (Not sure about the heavy duty engraving)

Caesar Gueini ??? model unknown, these do look very nice but i know nothing about them and i have yet to find a shop with them in Cornwall.

Should i throw some more money wait a bit longer and get an EELL, or any other suggestions.

What do you lot think?

get the gun that fits you! if you like the beretta EELL and it fits then save up for that or if you really cant then have a look at these Guerini's

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Caesar-Guerini_Shotgun_Essex_For-Sale_130202112753001

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Caesar-Guerini_Shotgun_Essex_For-Sale_120418193115001

My Rizzini has 30" barrels and side plates. Cost me a hell of a lot less that £2000 and fits me better than any Beretta I've owned or used

Enjoy your rizzi, I have owned many shotguns in my shooting life. I am now in a very good position where I can afford something of better quality. Why drive an old Lada(no offence) if you can afford a Merc.

You'd have been very lucky to have got that particular gun for £2000. It sold for £2400 on the hammer which, by the time you've added commission and VAT, comes to £3120!!!! Don't forget £2000 will buy quite a nice English boxlock ejector side by side and Holt's isn't a bad place to look for one.

I think you would be better waiting until you can get the gun you want,the EELL is a fantastic gun I shoot one every week a 30 inch sporter. I started off many years ago with a Baikal as like some of our younger shooters that was my budget at that time of life with young kids etc but now I can afford it I shoot what I like,one thing I do remember is that although the cheap guns I used years ago did allow me to get into shooting I would never want to go back to one now there is a lot more to a shotgun than just two barrels and my guns now are a lot kinder to the shoulder than the old ones.if it is a EELL that you are set on get one don't forever wonder what if.and to all the Russian fans I notice George digweed and Richard faulds have gone over to Baikal and laurona.in your dreams.good luck with you search.

I guess I just like quality and don't see it as waste of money. enjoy life as you are a long time dead. Each to their own, you stick with your Lada.

I dont like waste and will take you on anytime with my 17 year old Beretta 687 - however good you are. When you have tried Mercedes, Range Rover etc, often what is sensible tends to be your favourite. BTW I also Have an H&H which I shoot with regularly, bought at a reasonable price off a friend. Do whatever is your thing but dont condemn others - its not sporting IMHO.