First Barley Cut

Whitebridges

not so far here but though the farmer swears it will be a fortnight I can't see being that long it the barley is turning very fast in this heat. First rape was sprayed off at the start of the week so another week or so and that will be coming down

Barley due to be cut on 2 weeks and wheat was sprayed off on Monday.....

We couldn't see a bird in site before this week, farmer cut a strip right round one of our wheat fields and the birds are on it already.

Some good shooting coming fast !!!

sprayed it with something perhaps this year they shouldn't need to spray with roundup to kill it unless they have a serious underlying weed problem as certainly here they are still hoping the heads will fill a little more, had it been sprayed off they would be looking to harvest it in 14 days or less and its far too early for wheat

sprayed it with something perhaps this year they shouldn't need to spray with roundup to kill it unless they have a serious underlying weed problem as certainly here they are still hoping the heads will fill a little more, had it been sprayed off they would be looking to harvest it in 14 days or less and its far too early for wheat

Definitely sprayed it, saw the tractor pulling into the field on Monday when I popped over at lunch time to see what was going on there. Stopped for a chat and was told he was going to spray the wheat.

Popped over last night for a couple of hours shooting and there was fresh tracks in the wheat..... With pigeons all over it :)

A little prem that I have failed with all its winter crops so only has spring crops and speaking to the farmer last night he says he won't be harvesting till mid September!!!! He then he said he might be pushing it if we have the late summer rain that they recon we will have. Never many pigeons for me to go at anyways on this farm but loads of bunnies. Just hope my FAC comes through in time :)?

Rang my biggest-landowner today at least 4 weeks before any cutting in the Wakefield Pontefract area, way things are going the osr will be ready before the barley and no lays at mo so twiggling my trotters for another month. :(

Edited by delburt0

Definitely sprayed it, saw the tractor pulling into the field on Monday when I popped over at lunch time to see what was going on there. Stopped for a chat and was told he was going to spray the wheat.

Popped over last night for a couple of hours shooting and there was fresh tracks in the wheat..... With pigeons all over it :)

Proberbly sprayed with a fungacide .

Harnser

Thanks for all the replies. Kicking off now in Suffolk and Norfolk. Got three Barley fields scheduled for cutting late this week. :)

Mind you the rain man could put in an appearance. :rolleyes:

Rape seems a bit behind the barley this year.

What news your way?

Edited by Whitebridges

Thanks for all the replies. Kicking off now in Suffolk and Norfolk. Got three Barley fields scheduled for cutting late this week. :)

Mind you the rain man could put in an appearance. :rolleyes:

Rape seems a bit behind the barley this year.

What news your way?

Andrew has cut the first barley field today . Shall have a go tomorrow . Watched for an hour and the pigeons were dropping in behind the combine .

Harnser .