Wildfowling Season 2013-2014

Wildfowler325

I have never winged a goose decoy Spaniel , mine have been pretty lifeless when I set them out. Sorry , just taking the mickey. What is a winged goose decoy? I am guessing you mean one pof the silosock type bouncer decoys.

Edited by anser2

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never winged a goose decoy Spaniel , mine have been pretty lifeless when I set them out. Sorry , just taking the mickey. What is a winged goose decoy? I am guessing you mean one pof the silosock type bouncer decoys.

ha ha that's my silly description of the decoy I will upload a pic for you

Last seasons Wildfowling Season topic had lots of photographs similar to the ones appearing this year. One or two ducks or geese and happy looking dogs.

Meanwhile the Sporting Pictures section had lots of 'heaps' of dead birds with shotguns laid over them.

I got the two pages mixed up in my ancient head and put a note on here saying it was not appropriate for fowlers to post photographs showing piles of dead birds.

I, quite correctly, got shot down by the PW wildfowling community and had to apologise.

When I went over both topics in detail all the 'heaps' were on Sporting Pictures and all the 'happy dogs' and not quite so happy ones and twos of the ducks and geese were on 'our' section.

Those guys are not fowlers - They are bird shooters.

Moderators should think seriously about allowing 'inappropriate material' of this nature. Can't do the sport's image any good.

There is a new topic which is just wrong, the pictures are very distasteful but the write up where it mentions the golf course would be amusing if it wasn't so out of order. Gives us all a bad name and tars us with the same brush in the general publics eyes.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/262205-6-in-3-hides/

There is a new topic which is just wrong, the pictures are very distasteful but the write up where it mentions the golf course would be amusing if it wasn't so out of order. Gives us all a bad name and tars us with the same brush in the general publics eyes.

I'll be honest, most of these folk are just burks who think they are the dogs .. because they can shoot a whole heap of birds. And to then go back and hammer them on the same spot for several days..

Genuinely have no time for it at all

Thanks for the headsup. I am appalled at the stupidity of todays shooters.

I see what you mean now Spaniel. Never tryed them myself , but the look good.

I purchased them last season off the auction site and this is the 2nd time I have used them this season, just require some geese now to take an interest in them...

I also have a couple of mallards which I will start using shortly.

I noticed one for sale with some standard decoys yesterday on the auction site, I think around maidenhead if I remember correctly.

No prob, all of us on this section are as far removed from these numptys as is possible. But to the chap off the street with no knowledge of our wonderful sport we are 1 and the same, and it infuriates me.

I think the Mods have binned it and about time too.

I propose I get together on the marsh for a am flight.....followed by a very abundant breakfast...no more geese for me this month....and its bl@@dy heavy to carry it back, I have booked a duck/geese day with Shotgunspud, Christmas its approaching and I have hungry neighbours, still a couple per flight will be more that enough...if the occasion arises.

I know that I am fixated, but Teal its what I dream of, roasted in a red whine sauce...MMMMmM

Goose report from Orkney West Mainland , the geese seem to have mostly cleared off ! had a drive around today with a mate who is just back from the Scottish mainland & he told me they are there in thousands but up here just small numbers here & there but nothing like there was 3 or 4 weeks ago .

With the numbers boys & goose beggars free loaders & down right poachers here now it had to happen , geese that fly into a decoys & then get 3 or 4 empty heads stand up with pogo sticks & give rapid fire on them its no wonder they have gone . Decent goose shooters have been saying for some time now that these goons will put them off .

I don't know what is going on over on the East Mainland but I would think it will a similar story there . Rant over , the geese will come back but for how long ???.

Long live respectable shooters . :good: ps for those who don't know it the Orkney goose cull is over & its only carried out by those named by SNH .

Edited by Pole Star

Goose report from Orkney West Mainland , the geese seem to have mostly cleared off ! had a drive around today with a mate who is just back from the Scottish mainland & he told me they are there in thousands but up here just small numbers here & there but nothing like there was 3 or 4 weeks ago .

With the numbers boys & goose beggars free loaders & down right poachers here now it had to happen , geese that fly into a decoys & then get 3 or 4 empty heads stand up with pogo sticks & give rapid fire on them its no wonder they have gone . Decent goose shooters have been saying for some time now that these goons will put them off .

I don't know what is going on over on the East Mainland but I would think it will a similar story there . Rant over , the geese will come back but for how long ???.

Long live respectable shooters . :good: ps for those who don't know it the Orkney goose cull is over & its only carried out by those named by SNH .

Could you explain what a pogo stick is?

Semi auto. I think the Italians are behaving themselves so he needs something else to moan about

Semi auto. I think the Italians are behaving themselves so he needs something else to moan about

If you could only see what was happening Big Matt then you might understand . But lets face it I do live here so I do see what is going on .

Could you explain what a pogo stick is?

Thats what the Australians call autos & pumps & for some reason some don't like it :hmm: I think its because they are the ones who cant pull the trigger fast enough !

note I don't moan when the Americans call my muzzle loader a smoke pole !

You can be a nuisance with any gun, you just seem to need something to moan about all the time

Oh dear Matt if only we lived in a perfect world ! WELL ITS NOT ! :)

Edited by Pole Star

Thats what the Australians call autos & pumps & for some reason some don't like it :hmm: I think its because they are the ones who cant pull the trigger fast enough !

note I don't moan when the Americans call my muzzle loader a smoke pole !

Oh dear Matt if only we lived in a perfect world ! WELL ITS NOT ! :)

I know that it is a semi auto. It's as if you're having a moan about the guns themselves, as if they're somehow inferior, just because you use 8/4 bores.