Wildfowling Season 2013-2014

Wildfowler325

nice pictures, we saw tons of birds yeterday and almost all that bit to far to shoot... for a fair bit of the day we saw canadas coming in and flying into ythe rspb reserve.. then in one flight about 600 went up... again to far to shoot, i missed it anyway as i had dived in a gutter full of mud two minutes before when a few came over so the other guys watched them fly past

cracking day on the dyfi yesterday as i said tons of birds and although most where to far to shoot qwuite a few came in.. i ont the other hand shot as if i had blanks in my gun.. i did drop a canada but the outgoing tide took it before the dog could get out.. gutted it was all i hit all day.. must have fired a dozen shots for one bird and then i loose it :( not a day to be proud of! but a nice day out anyway

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went out last night to more or less the same place I was in the morning. The wind had grown on steadily the whole day so that when we went out it was blowing a force 8-9 and it never stopped raining the whole day. There was a lot of birds that came in but very spread out, we saw a lot but only had 4 chances and I managed to bag a wigeon and a mallard, and my mate bagged a mallard and a greylag. Proper fowling weather yesterday, really wish I had gone out through the day and made the most of it but as they say "the birds will stay fresher on the wing".

Well my saturday went wrong.

no moon showing.

people messing about on the see wall. wildfowlers i.might add, who turned up late, left early and let their dog wonder everywhere. shooting on the wall at geese i called in.

i then waited out the tide and got a bit wet.

And to top it all off a pink i shot couldnt be found.

It all went wrong.

todays antics http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/263616-wildfowling/

thought i'd link to the sporting pictures section as i know a lot of the wildfowlers on here don't bother with that bit :lol:

A great result mate, still not seeing birds in any number down here. We were out Sunday and i missed at a couple of supersonic teal, the decoys looked well on the tide though :lol:

2013-10-20080019_zps4bc7d0d2.jpg

A great result mate, still not seeing birds in any number down here. We were out Sunday and i missed at a couple of supersonic teal, the decoys looked well on the tide though :lol:

2013-10-20080019_zps4bc7d0d2.jpg

Decoys look good there! There's been a lot of pinks in for a couple of weeks now. Seems to be plenty teal and a few wigeon,(im up in scotland so guessing there's a bit of a lag between up here and england). Still very mild though. My car said 17 degress when it was sitting in the sun today!

Went out last night to a flight pond. Sat there for around 45 minutes by this time its almost dark. I thought to myself im going home empty handed. On the way across the field back to the motor i herd a very clear "wink wink" looked round to see a single pink around 40 yards up. I quickly chambered a 3" lead 52g 3 and droped the goose stone dead!

I took a young 18 year old lad up to Anglesey, a return trip as I took him at the end of last season which was a blank flight, although we had a near miss with the geese which got his blood up.But he was still keen to go again even though its a 400 mile round trip.

He is mad keen now after dropping two widgeon, a teal and a hen pintail, one of the widgeon after I had two barrels at it and only clipping it, as well as being mad keen he is a hell of a good shot and been on the phone this evening to find out when he can go again.I hope he stays keen we need young blood.

I took a young 18 year old lad up to Anglesey, a return trip as I took him at the end of last season which was a blank flight, although we had a near miss with the geese which got his blood up.But he was still keen to go again even though its a 400 mile round trip.

He is mad keen now after dropping two widgeon, a teal and a hen pintail, one of the widgeon after I had two barrels at it and only clipping it, as well as being mad keen he is a hell of a good shot and been on the phone this evening to find out when he can go again.I hope he stays keen we need young blood.

Where about on Anglesey were you fella, surely there is somewhere closer for you to take someone so keen.

Hi, in a little bay up near holyhead,my local club Southwarwickshire wildfowlers has ties with Anglesey wildfowlers and we shoot their ground,the wash is a bit nearer, I am a member of Holbeach and will get him a day ticket soon.

Edited by Biddy

Out after the pinks for the first time yesterday morning.

Up at oh oh silly o'clock.

One hour drive.

Met mate at 0500hrs. 2.5 mile walk to the spot. Agreed where we would individually set up shop.

Two widgeon straight over my head as I looked the other way...

Eight mallard came out of a dark cloud bank as I turned my collar up to keep out the rain...

Four greylags passed to my right...

Two more to my left...

Two egyptians landed one hundred yards to my left...

The pinks started rising and flying off to the north...we were to the west...

One bunch passed two hundred yards to my left after coming straight towards me for about two miles...

My mate arrived and said he was moving and was I?

I decided not to.

He moved four hundred yards to the left and got a pink right and left from the next skein.

No more came - time to go home.

2.5 mile walk - one hour drive, etc, etc...

Nice to know I haven't lost the touch... :lol:

One hour drive.

Met mate at 0500hrs. 2.5 mile walk to the spot. Agreed where we would individually set up shop.

Eight mallard came out of a dark cloud bank as I turned my collar up to keep out the rain...

Two more to my left...

One bunch passed two hundred yards to my left after coming straight towards me for about two miles...

I decided not to.

He moved four hundred yards to the left and got a pink right and left from the next skein.

I must have the same touch as well then, only mine is a 2 hour drive :good:

One hour drive.

Two more to my left...

I decided not to.

Sounds the typical wildfowling trip Grandalf, you should have asked the pied piper to come with you !! You know who I mean.

ayano3 needs some more lessons off him, he keeps calling them to everyother fowler on the marsh!

Its the 'Pied Piper' who first introduced me to Wildfowling many years ago, was with him on the marsh last night (Thursday). Don't worry Fenboy you keep close by and I will do my best for you.

One hour drive.

Two more to my left...

I decided not to.

I know how you feel fella, I went to Lindisfarne last month, 840 miles and 6 flights for a big fat zero shoots fired. I'm off up north next week chasing the pinks, fingers crossed for a bit more luck for us both for the rest of the season. :shoot:

Edited by Terry P