1980`s pellets

bazzashadow

Sabo I remember them.

Came in a black plastic case copper bullet in one segment and and plastic claw like sabot in other, used a pen type system to load by putting the sabot in first then the copper bullet part.

Push it into the pen to compress then put pen to barrel press plunger pen top to insert into breech.

Great on rabbits and crows iirc.

Sadly haven't seen any pics for a while.

Figgy

Sounds like Saboos. They came with a open type loader. Black plastic sleeve with a small copper pellet to insert into it.

Load the pen and push them into your break barrel.

sounds like the above but i thought the sleeves were clear plastic???

edited to add: Think the box was a clear plastic type?

Edited by silver pigeon69

Sounds like Sabot to me.

I thought they were the mutt's when I was a kid, I found an old box a few years ago and tried them through my AA S400. Five shoot group, all about 2' apart. Sorely disappointed.

Black plastic tin, cog shaped lid, orange label, Sussex Arms I think. Got taken off the market owing to leagal issues iirc.

Edited by White Lodge

No they always came with black sleeves in one compartment and the copper slugs in another in the same tin. If I remember right they came in a light blue coloured tin with Sussex brand name on them.

sure the ones i had came in a see through plastic container with seperate compartments as you describe, but could be wrong, it was a long time ago

If you could hit anything with them, they hardly ever got up or ran off as they were deadly. But it was more miss then hit

if you shot over a certain distance, usually upto about 25 yrds they werent to bad in calm weather. And in cold weather they were nay on impossible to load with numb hands and fingers.

no not these

i have 2 of the old ones of these and the tub they came in

called

titan black

made by titan airgun products 98 bath street birmingham b4 6hg

this is them

can you still get them

and thanks for all the replys

No longer made , they were only any use for hunting barn doors anyway and left lots of plastic swarf up your barrel

Hi agaman is it clear plastic under the label? maybe they changed the packaging? these are definately the ones i had but i thought it was clear plastic!

not sure pal the image is off google. :good:

this is them

can you still get them

and thanks for all the replys

as far as i am aware they are no longer available and as far as i can gather thats good news as most reviews said they were pants. atb aga man

sure the ones i had came in a see through plastic container with seperate compartments as you describe, but could be wrong, it was a long time ago

You're right mate the early ones did come in a clear plastic box - just the same as the black box shown above. I still have some.

If the idea has merit, and I think it does, then rather than think they were **** because of the poor accuracy, the product just wanted more development. Just think, if the chap who made the first .22 rimfire more than 150 years ago gave up because he only managed a 2" group at 25 yards.

Sabot rounds are used to good effect with centrefire calibres and I can't find any legal reason why they should be banned, if they were to be used in rifles capable of producing more than 12ftlbs then they would simply become FAC rated.

• 7 months later...