Unidentified insect

Asa Bear

Was it aggressive?

We came into daily contact with some paper wasps whilst on holiday this year. They were entirely placid and bee like in their focus on what they were doing (which was trying to build what appeared to be a singleton nest / cocoon in the pleats to the villas curtains). They were also quite intelligent - if we shut the doors to the villa they would systematically try every other door and window and then lastly the chimney).

I'm glad I resisted the urge to give em what for.

We did get pestered by the normal waspies out there and they got a taste of the electric bat.

Wood wasp I think - google it. Strange life cycle living on scots pine only and pupae takes 5 yrs to hatch. Scary looking but I'm told harmless - was high up ladder when one of these decided he liked me. Had to change underwater!!

Wood wasp I think - google it. Strange life cycle living on scots pine only and pupae takes 5 yrs to hatch. Scary looking but I'm told harmless - was high up ladder when one of these decided he liked me. Had to change underwater!!

Meant had to change underwear - don't u just luv predictive text and iphones

Meant had to change underwear - don't u just luv predictive text and iphones

Edited by norfolk dumpling