yesterday i won my SGC appeal at crowncourt

littlerob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem its just the last time we 'spoke' on this last week you said "thanks for the help the guy from BASC know his stuff' - if you has told me then you were not happy or wanted more help I would have done something about it.

True enough if you get charged with a public order offence, or assault for example there is a good chance you will get revoked, and unless the conviction is quashed then the chances are an appeal would fail.If you want to appeal and if you want to engage a barrister it will cost. Cases where a member has been convicted of a criminal offence for example are not ones we would look to fund.

David

I wouldn't go down that road, the old bill might want revenge and watch you like a hawk!

I'd say the opposite, they know this guy won't sit down and take it, I bet a lot of red faces and bollokings going on at the moment they lost a lot of money. They won't take any action against this guy now unless its 100% and I bet it would have to be okd by senior management cos of what's happened.

No problem its just the last time we 'spoke' on this last week you said "thanks for the help the guy from BASC know his stuff' - if you has told me then you were not happy or wanted more help I would have done something about it.

True enough if you get charged with a public order offence, or assault for example there is a good chance you will get revoked, and unless the conviction is quashed then the chances are an appeal would fail.If you want to appeal and if you want to engage a barrister it will cost. Cases where a member has been convicted of a criminal offence for example are not ones we would look to fund.

David

His advice basically was to let it go :(

He knew his stuff but I was gutted to be told I'd have to fund myself if I loose my fac

I think his advice was sound don't you? It would have been irresponsible for us to recommend you risk a criminal conviction and consequential revocation.

As I have said before, if a member is convicted of a criminal offence, and this leads to revocation, there is nothing we can do, and any appeal is almost bound to fail and we would not be prepared to spend members money on an appeal against a revocation in such a case. my colleague was evidently making that point.

In the case in point of this thread, the chap was blatantly wronged by the police and could prove it - so his appeal was almost bound to win, as the decision the police made was based on wrong evidence. He evidently represented himself well in court, was clear with his evidence, and kept his cool. Well done, a lesson for all.

David

Edited by David BASC

mabey basc could do a little peace in there magazine about my story and go trough my paper work and then put in that if was with basc how they could of helped me out with advised and that kind off stuff

I dont think they will be taking you up on this offer. From what appears on another thread they probably would not have supported your case.

I do however think your experience and fortitude would be of value to everyone and if you can find a 'forum' it would benefit lots of people. Maybe 'sporting gun', 'sporting rifle', would print your story - its no good wondering how to behave after it happens to you, your experience is a valuable starting point for others and a lesson in fighting for your rights.

Again - very well done !

yes maybe it might be worth contacting one off the shooting magazines and see if they could publish something i have got the attitude never give up how though its going to get that's what made out country grate many years ago and after all i know i was innocent and had nothing to hide

Well done for your determination and perseverance, I represented my daughter in an employment tribunal not so long ago after Citizand advice and others said she did not have a chance I said they where wrong and we won.

Unbelievable amount of work so I would hate to think how much paper work and studying you had to go through for your case but there is no better feeling of satisfaction when everyone says you have no chance and you prove them wrong and did it all yourself.

Enjoy your shooting and hope that the police compensate you for all the time you have had to put in.

well done !!

If your ever in east sussex you have an open invite...

If you are interested in contacting some press and sharing your knowledge but don't want the work (you clearly have enough talent to do it) just give me a shout. I have done a a little PR in my time ;-).

Finally thank you for everything you did; it was for all of us not just you.

my sgc turned up at 3pm

well done !!

If your ever in east sussex you have an open invite...

If you are interested in contacting some press and sharing your knowledge but don't want the work (you clearly have enough talent to do it) just give me a shout. I have done a a little PR in my time ;-).

Finally thank you for everything you did; it was for all of us not just you.

thanks may give you a little shout soon

to everyone else i have received my sgc at 3pm and at 5 i was in the gun shop picking up my guns that been in storage

Edited by littlerob