Best pnp multishot for hunting?? Advice needed

Eddy1392

If you have a local club then go and have a try with as many as possible-if not then an AA s410 or 510 take a lot of beating but you should really try any gun before buying blind.

+1 the s410 is a belting rifle and very accurate but it depends what your budget is also, if you have £700 to spare then the huntsman classic is the Dogs danglies

Budget defines what your options are. If you have the budget then a Daystate or HW100 are the best guns to go for followed by the BSA R10 or one of the Air Arms. If I was to go back to PCP then it woul dbe the HW100 everytime but they are not cheap and heavy compared to others.

Depends on your budget?

As my friend evo has said above if you got around £750 for a rifle go for Daystate Huntsman Classic or stretching your budget a few pounds go for the new Daystate Regal rifle.

Daystate rifles are the best IMO plus the best Customer Service!!

+1 for the Daystate range of rifles. I absolute love my new Huntsman Regal.

Be sure to consider a second-hand pcp as well... many people buy them, use them a bit and shelve them for a while..only to sell them on later. Gunstar has a number for sale, and you can save some serious ££££. Doesn't matter too much whether you go for .22 or .177 either...both are absolutely fine for hunting, .22 just has a bigger arc and requires more holdover at 40 yards or so. Let us know how you get on!

-Andrew

Just out of interest, and while several Daystate owners are experiencing multiple orgasms simply talking about their guns-how many times have we all read of poor quality rifles leaving the DS factory?-seems like an almost daily occurrence and is simply not acceptable on a gun of that price-customer service may well be second to none but, in an ideal world, you would never need it-in a similar tale of woe I seem to be reading more and more tales of the HW100 falling foul of poor repair/service from Hull CC-in short, if it were my choice, I would look for a well loved, used, S410 in .177 flavour.

over the years i've had rapids ,hw's 100 airarms 300'400'410 and several daystates,got to say that daystate are my favourite but my daystate did have to go back after 18 months because the screen was faulty.the airarms 300 (many years ago) i had new would'nt cock straight out of the box and i could not even remove the stock to see why, must have been hammered on it was that tight.but all the rest have been good rifles (forgot about a fac rapid that was **** ) so just about any pcp will be ok it's all down to money and personal choice

Edited by pork chop

I never had a bad gun other than a B2 donkey that I started out with!

Had budget guns from Hatsan (which were really Webleys in a plain brown wrapper), SMK (the QB78 - tinkerers toy), BSA, Daystate, HW and Theoben, even an Air Arms (TX200).

I have killed quarry cleanly and humanely with every power source that air gunners commonly use, metal spring, gas spring, CO2 and PCP.

The trick is to find what suits you and ignore neigh sayers! If it fits, you can hit the kill zone or target and you like it, be happy!

Just out of interest, and while several Daystate owners are experiencing multiple orgasms simply talking about their guns-how many times have we all read of poor quality rifles leaving the DS factory?-seems like an almost daily occurrence and is simply not acceptable on a gun of that price-customer service may well be second to none but, in an ideal world, you would never need it-in a similar tale of woe I seem to be reading more and more tales of the HW100 falling foul of poor repair/service from Hull CC-in short, if it were my choice, I would look for a well loved, used, S410 in .177 flavour.

Lol!!

orgasm over,,,, just love this thread, just buy anything bud that has air in it and you can put a pellet in, as long as you can hit rabbits at 250yrds then the gun will be fine for you,,,

now back to the real world,,you will try many rifles but once you have owned an orgasm gun you will never go back :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

A visit to your local gun shop is what you need to do here. Try a few out within your price range, then walk away and do more research on line about those you have short listed. Thats what i did. I had about 900quid to spend and went out with the idea to buy an HW100. I ended up buying a 2nd hand S410K in .22 simply because it was lighter and felt more natural for me to use. I paid about £450 for it probably 4 years ago, and looking at the for sale forums, they still fetch that now. As with any popular good gun they will hold their value.

In my case the s410 has proven to be perfect, and has counted for hundreds of pigeons, rabbits, squirrels. Its easy to service youself every few years.

My other favourite air rifle is a Theoben Rapid. Ive one in .20, although compared to the s410 its a heavy old tractor.

orgasm over,,,, just love this thread, just buy anything bud that has air in it and you can put a pellet in, as long as you can hit rabbits at 250yrds then the gun will be fine for you,,,

now back to the real world,,you will try many rifles but once you have owned an orgasm gun you will never go back :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure that was a typing error - 250 Yards with a Sub 12FP Air Gun :rolleyes:

BOB/R

Edited by Clubshot

I have a HW100 and it is superb,just a bit heavy for the field,I had a NEW BSA ultra SE and it keeps leaking air around the gauge.i bought my dad a S410 and for feel and balance in the field it would be superb,very straight shooting too! but for me it's still the HW100.one of the lads at my local air gun shoppe sells all brands including the fabled Daystates and his personal choice is ............the HW100

This topic has been covered many a time and the usual flavours always appear, although I notice Theoben doesn't feature too high here yet.

Simple fact is most that cost a few £ are fine, you then get into the weight, woodwork quality, fit etc. Accuracy wise, for the majority of field work there is little to chose between them.

Stay away from the bottom end price wise, consider used and get what works for you!