Crimping shotgun cases

Tyrone

High all need some advice I bought a reloading machine at the game fair and am practicing but I seem to keep getting a swirl in the end and its not the neatest end either. They can be a little stiff to load to.

I'm loading clear pigeon 32g 6s.

I was told these aren't the best to reload mind. Any advice is welcome will load some photos at next practice.

Got on really well thanks made a massive difference. My mec is slightly different it's the 3 1/2" one and the spacer plate for mine was slightly on the ****. And needed some fetling on the spacing as ran out of adjustment on the cam. But think we have got it sorted well very very nearly :D

Well I have run a few more through and have had a few squashed ones. Have worked out mine is slightly different as I bought the one to do 3 1/2 shells. The spacer plate they supply is has 3 screws that the heads are to thick on I have shimed it down and now works great.

Well I have run a few more through and have had a few squashed ones. Have worked out mine is slightly different as I bought the one to do 3 1/2 shells. The spacer plate they supply is has 3 screws that the heads are to thick on I have shimed it down and now works great.

Did you buy your reloader brand new? There shouldn't be any need to adjust a new machine to that extent. Nothing should be on the ****.

If its a Mec 600, You need to back off the cam :good: Make a coffee or three and check out the video I did on it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zkCcrjiis

Id like to add that your video via youtube has been of great help to myself, thank you...

Deershooter and Roughshooter have also been great blokes who never seem to tire from my questions,

Pigeon Watch has some proper friendly folk !

Bta

Id like to add that your video via youtube has been of great help to myself, thank you...

Deershooter and Roughshooter have also been great blokes who never seem to tire from my questions,

Pigeon Watch has some proper friendly folk !

Bta

Glad it helped, bit long but so is the journey in the dark :lol:

Couldn't agree more with you!! Been a god send setting up my mec.

I prob should have had a look around at different ones but the lure of saving money and the pretty girl serving at the game fair I couldn't resist it ;).

With you on that :good:And she knows her stuff :yes: ...............about reloading :lol:

Edited by turbo33