NRA FUDS vs NEO PRO

Davyo

Fuds sit up higher from the ground and are so perhaps a little more visible if the grass/stubble is longer, but are a little more awkward and take up a little more space in the daysack. The Neo Pro's are lower profile but can be stuffed into the daysack anyway you wish and still spring out non-the-worse. I have a dozen Neo Pro's and half Dozen FUD's, plus floaters etc.

FUD's are excellent decoys in my books. Like Denny I have cut off the heavy red spike and made my own very simple rods in various lengths so they can be used on any height crops. very compact and featherweight.

The NEO PRO are also a good decoy but more bulky to carry.

No there isn't, they do get a bit flat if left squash in the decoy bag and I have used bits of twig to splay them open. IMO they are too dark in colour and some of mine have gone a bit purple'ish from sun light.

I still think my old HH decoys are the best I've ever come across.

Although the flock stayed put, mine are getting somewhat pretty well shot up and are close to retirement. Could anyone with the neo pros tell me if there's any form of structure to maintain their shape inside of them?

Many thanks.

Edited by Penelope

No there isn't, they do get a bit flat if left squash in the decoy bag and I have used bits of twig to splay them open. IMO they are too dark in colour and some of mine have gone a bit purple'ish from sun light.

I still think my old HH decoys are the best I've ever come across.

Many thanks and also for the tip. To be honest, I got the flocked shells because they were light and easy to store. This is not a requirement now so I think I'll dig out the Flexicoys which I bought sometime in the last century and if you can tolerate the bulk and weight, they're still the best by far.

I have FUD's and have stopped using them as I personally think they are rubbish. I have a dozen non flocked shell decoys on wobble sticks and they work a treat for me.

I have done this test a number of times and so far the FUDS come on top.

Two random patterns about 15 yards apart, one pattern using flocked shells and the other with FUD's. Birds, when decoying, tend to land in the FUD's rather than the flocked shells.

So they may be rubbish in your opinion, but I would disagree....

Not sure, mine must be 25 years old or more.

It was a garden shed company though. If memory serves me correctly I got mine from the guy that bought the moulds and name from the original producer.

Yes I agree and wood pigeons prefer 'HH' deeks as well, anyone know why they stopped making them?

Although the flock stayed put, mine are getting somewhat pretty well shot up and are close to retirement. Could anyone with the neo pros tell me if there's any form of structure to maintain their shape inside of them?

Many thanks.

If they are the A1 pro decoys you are talking about then I have 24 of them , seem to work fine , nice and light and weigh a good bit less than 24 shells use to .

They have a plastic structure inside to stop them folding up.

That thin plastic strip doesn't work too well though.

If they are the A1 pro decoys you are talking about then I have 24 of them , seem to work fine , nice and light and weigh a good bit less than 24 shells use to .

They have a plastic structure inside to stop them folding up.

I have done this test a number of times and so far the FUDS come on top.

Two random patterns about 15 yards apart, one pattern using flocked shells and the other with FUD's. Birds, when decoying, tend to land in the FUD's rather than the flocked shells.

So they may be rubbish in your opinion, but I would disagree....

It is strange how so many people get mix'd results using different decoys on the same species.

Maybe if i altered my FUD's like some of you have to make them stand higher i might get better results.

The FUD's do look fantastic but i'v just never had any success with them. Might try a few more times soon and see if im just being stupid.

It is strange how so many people get mix'd results using different decoys on the same species.

Maybe if i altered my FUD's like some of you have to make them stand higher i might get better results.

The FUD's do look fantastic but i'v just never had any success with them. Might try a few more times soon and see if im just being stupid.

You're absolutely right, different people do have different results, and I'm sure you aren't being "stupid" at all.

Everyone sets up differently and that's why I always like to shoot with different people because you will learn something new every time. There is no right or wrong, I don't believe decoying is a precise science; It's about having the knowledge to change things when it isn't working on any given day.

Personally I rarely put decoys on the ground unless I am decoying on drill. I tend to put my decoys just above the height of the crop which is why I like the FUD's because I have made various lengths of rods so I can do this on any height crop.

I will give it a go at some point and try make some poles for mine then see how they fare in the field.

I do tend to use a dozen dead birds now when i go out so don't always get the decoys out the bag.

And there's no better decoy than the real thing!

In case you want to have a go at making your own rods....

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/221527-simple-fud-sticks-that-work/?hl=fuds