PW Meet up at Lakenheath Clay Ground

Suffolk shooter

LB, even you can't get lost on this one, trust me, it's main roads all the way until immediately before the place. :P :o You could even follow the smoke coming out of Mungler's lime green Capri Ghia.

I have sent an email to Peter asking if we can do a similar thing to the Monday madness and asked if we could do something for the same sort of price as that day in Kent. I have asked him for a mid-week date (Mon or Friday) at the end of Feb, beginning of March. I didn't ask for anybody to push the buttons though, feeling we we're all mature enough to be able to do that :P:drinks: :yp:

I'll phone and speak to him during the week as well. So watch this space.

SS :drinks:

Even I couldn't get lost you say, I beg to differ, last night I got lost going upstairs and ended up in the au pairs bedroom :good: Silly me.

Munglers crapi couldn't keep up with my defender and I will probably end up towing him :lol:???:/

BTW, what is a 'main' road?

LB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LB, even you can't get lost on this one, trust me, it's main roads all the way until immediately before the place. :o :D You could even follow the smoke coming out of Mungler's lime green Capri Ghia.

I have sent an email to Peter asking if we can do a similar thing to the Monday madness and asked if we could do something for the same sort of price as that day in Kent. I have asked him for a mid-week date (Mon or Friday) at the end of Feb, beginning of March. I didn't ask for anybody to push the buttons though, feeling we we're all mature enough to be able to do that ;):lol::D

Even I couldn't get lost you say, I beg to differ, last night I got lost going upstairs and ended up in the au pairs bedroom :good: Silly me.

Munglers crapi couldn't keep up with my defender and I will probably end up towing him ???:/:P

LB

LB, your from Kent, us Kent boys know what main roads are, it's these Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk lads who don't :P

For you I would say A21, M25, M11, A11 and then at the Barton Mills roundabout second exit, for approx 2 miles and it's on your right. If you go past the main gate of RAF lakenheath (150 yds further on) then you've gone to far. So much easier than us trying to get to the West Kent ground and I knew the area having been born there?!?!?!?! Good job I didn't rely on MC's SatNav, we'd have gone over roundabouts and through fields, it didn't know about the Pembury bypass, how many years has that been there now. :yp:

LB, even you can't get lost on this one, trust me, it's main roads all the way until immediately before the place. :no::P You could even follow the smoke coming out of Mungler's lime green Capri Ghia.

I have sent an email to Peter asking if we can do a similar thing to the Monday madness and asked if we could do something for the same sort of price as that day in Kent. I have asked him for a mid-week date (Mon or Friday) at the end of Feb, beginning of March. I didn't ask for anybody to push the buttons though, feeling we we're all mature enough to be able to do that :no::/:no:

Munglers crapi couldn't keep up with my defender and I will probably end up towing him :P:P :yp:

LB

LB, your from Kent, us Kent boys know what main roads are, it's these Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk lads who don't :o

For you I would say A21, M25, M11, A11 and then at the Barton Mills roundabout second exit, for approx 2 miles and it's on your right. If you go past the main gate of RAF lakenheath (150 yds further on) then you've gone to far. So much easier than us trying to get to the West Kent ground and I knew the area having been born there?!?!?!?! Good job I didn't rely on MC's SatNav, we'd have gone over roundabouts and through fields, it didn't know about the Pembury bypass, how many years has that been there now. ;)

It had nothing to do with the satnav SS, it was my driving :D:D

I seem to remember that even though you were born next door to WKSS you didn't know how to get there. Thank god for dark chocolate Kit kats :lol:???

LB a MAIN road around suffolk is anything that has tarmac. Lakenheath is easy just follow the jet fighters.

Either that or you'll end up in Norfolk at an RAF base. For those of you that recognise such things, follow the F-15s home, not the KC-135s.

Lakenheath is _seriously_ easy to find and I am not just saying that 'cos I surveyed the roads in that part of the country!

I can do pretty much any day round there as long as I give my boss enough notice. It _might_ limit the number of people I can bring with (like the GF) but I'll be there. In fact, my work has a thing called a "Volunteer day", which lets me take a day off for charity work, so if this has the slightest anything to do with charity, I get the day off without having to take holiday. So, I'm more than happy to pay a fiver for a good cause. Also, if anyone is on the way from Huntingdon to Lakenheath, I can also offer lifts there and back.

Wookie

Now that I have sorted LB out no peniclin involved BTW. LB drop of at mine then we can poodle up there.

Wife has sat nav ie womens intuition better than sat nav never wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously any body from south of the A12 give me a shout, I will take us there max 4 company pays my diesel and its easy to find.

You guys not being in the immediate locality and driving some distance, I have just remembered that there is a travelodge/Little Chef on the Barton Mills Roundabout itself. I know it adds to the cost but might be worth considering rather than getting a very early start. I'm sure if your travelling up with people the cost of a room split is a cheap way of ensuring you get a good night's sleep and are there on time (LB take note mate :blush: )

SS :blush:

Now that I have sorted LB out no peniclin involved BTW. LB drop of at mine then we can poodle up there.

Wife has sat nav ie womens intuition better than sat nav never wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously any body from south of the A12 give me a shout, I will take us there max 4 company pays my diesel and its easy to find.

Will do Brian :blush:

You guys not being in the immediate locality and driving some distance, I have just remembered that there is a travelodge/Little Chef on the Barton Mills Roundabout itself. I know it adds to the cost but might be worth considering rather than getting a very early start. I'm sure if your travelling up with people the cost of a room split is a cheap way of ensuring you get a good night's sleep and are there on time (LB take note mate :lol: )

SS :blush:

Saw a programme a while back SS where they look at the room under UV light.

The amount of body fluids distributed around the room, mainly the bed area, even made me cringe :blush:

So thanks, but no thanks :lol::lol::lol:

LB

So far it seems that the following people have expressed an interest: -

1) Suffolk Shooter

2) Martin Cavie

3) BTMS

4) Markio

5) Mungler

6) Whitebridges

7) George Hare - Possibly

8) Farmer Guy .22 - Possibly

9) Lawrence

10) Starlight 32

11) Tosspot

12) Rob G

13) Wookie +1 or more?

14) Lurcherboy

15) APBUILD - Possibly

16) Ferretboy111 - Possibly

17) Pin

I'm sure they are more of you out there who want to come or are thinking about it and are waiting until confirm date/cost etc.

All I ask is that if you are interested but it depends on cost/date, can you let me know as it would help when organising with the ground in terms of group discount etc. I'm not asking you to confirm or send money just an expression of interest.

Hopefully as I previously said I'll hear from them next week and so I will be able to confirm cost/date then.

Cheers

SS :yes:

Guys,

I have now spoken to Lakenheath and they have told me that for a day with Full english Breakfast, Tea/Coffee all day and 400 clays a piece it would cost £85.00/person. I have not confirmed a date with them just yet, but would need to know by Sunday in order that I can phone and confirm on the Monday.

The other thing is that they would want all of the money up front before they confirmed the date :o

I have taken the liberty of phoning HighLodge (John Bidwell) and asking them for their costs, unfortunately the lady responsible isn't in until Friday so no cost available as yet but for a similar thing.

Does anybody have objections to the cost, I know it's not as cheap as the West Kent day? or going to High Lodge (Further east for those coming from the west) if the price is right?

Does anybody think that 400 clays is too much, I know we shot between 350-400 at West Kent, but doesn't mean we have to do the same here?

Any body think we just turn up on the day (Monday - Tuesday lakenheath is shut), and pay for what we shoot and eat ourselves?

Please let me know ASAP your thoughts, so I can organise something.

Cheers

SS :/

I'd like to come along, I've bittersweet memories of Lakenheath, (mainly Bitter, very few sweet), as it has a reputation as a tough ground for Sporting Clays, however unlike most of you guys I have to work for a living and weekday shoots are a rare luxury, so I will have to pass on this one.

If you do shoot it on a weekday, and you've not been to the ground before, be prepared for an impromptu airshow from the USAF F15's taking off and landing nearby, it's great fun to watch, real Tom Cruise stuff..!!

I think you're also a bit ambitious hoping to shoot 400 targets in one day, I've shot clays for many years, but I've rarely shot 400 in one day, many of you will need a good physio afterwards to work on those bruised shoulders, perhaps the lap dancers could oblige..??

Have a great day.

Cat.

Guys,

I have now spoken to Lakenheath and they have told me that for a day with Full english Breakfast, Tea/Coffee all day and 400 clays a piece it would cost £85.00/person. I have not confirmed a date with them just yet, but would need to know by Sunday in order that I can phone and confirm on the Monday.

The other thing is that they would want all of the money up front before they confirmed the date :lol:

I have taken the liberty of phoning HighLodge (John Bidwell) and asking them for their costs, unfortunately the lady responsible isn't in until Friday so no cost available as yet but for a similar thing.

Does anybody have objections to the cost, I know it's not as cheap as the West Kent day? or going to High Lodge (Further east for those coming from the west) if the price is right?

Does anybody think that 400 clays is too much, I know we shot between 350-400 at West Kent, but doesn't mean we have to do the same here?

Any body think we just turn up on the day (Monday - Tuesday lakenheath is shut), and pay for what we shoot and eat ourselves?

Please let me know ASAP your thoughts, so I can organise something.

Cheers

SS :yes:

Bump

from having organised a few of these things, the most important thing is to allow alot of time and get all the money in well in advance.

TBH you would be hard pressed to shoot 400 clays

at west kent we probably shot 250-300 because of the short day. I would doubt you could comfortably shoot alot more.

Its a bit rich for me as well unfortuantly, plus i would never find it :lol:

but sounds like a very good meet up in the making :yes: