FAC waiting time?

Django

Hi All,

Today I have managed to finally get all of my form sorted, land and range letters and referees organised so that I can send off for my FAC tomorrow!!!

Does anybody know roughly how long the wait is for them to come out for a visit, and how long it will be after until it arrives through the door. Obviously this is assuming that everything is in order (which I am very much hoping it is)

I know that this can vary dramatically throughout different areas. I am in bedfordshire, but would be interested in getting an idea what is has been like for everyone?

7mths for myself, and nearly 8mths for my son.It seems every force is diff.I cant see te point of a visit in the first week before any checks are done.They visited my son within one week of application being sent off, but took 8mths for all checks ect, with a lot of cock ups in between.Had to getBASC on board.

It about time it was ran by a cental body who get the application, then instruct your local force to do the checks, in a stricked order for instance abcdef not afcedb with the interview and visit either being midway or at the end.

The FEO that visited me beleive it or not for my FAC didnt even know I held a SGC.

7mths for myself, and nearly 8mths for my son

Flipping heck that's unreal!was the majority of the wait because of the cock ups? or just a general wait for everyone in your area?

3 weeks leicestershire :o

Karpman

P.s took 5 months for my sgc

Hopefully beds are the same, might be able to treat myself to an early Xmas present!!

Considering they had been dragged over the coals regarding the Atherton case the time wasn't an issue.It was the cockups.Officers saying they had written to my sons school twice and hadn't.Paper work going missing.A letter being sent eventually to myself saying Andrews licence had now been put forward for approval,bearing in mind my son is called Josh.And when it did come we had a rifle listed on the FAC that we sold months ago and they where notified via email and a recorded letter within the 7 days

Edited by Davyo

You're not cheering me up at all :)

I've decided not to ring Durhams firearms manager first and just put my sons applications in and see what they say, just waiting for his second referee to sign a photo, pick up the forms to fill in then post them off. Went to see our new GP and he said all he will do is forward a copy of the psychiatrists report as there is nothing he can tell them about him, only time he saw him was when we went to let him know the situation with the last GPs appalling letter.

• 1 month later...

Update - spoke to my Firearms officer today and booked my interview in for Thursday of this week!!! Has anybody got any advice, for instance is there anything I should prepare / or know before they arrive?

P.s. I have a good stock of biscuits and tea.

Thanks Davyo, if it is anything like the interview for SGC then usually end up chatting for ages about everything shooting anyway.

I would quite like to add a .223 on to the application for fox control. Does anyone know if it is too late to do this or can I ask to add it when he is here? Or is it best to just get it through and and signed off and then wait a while and do a variation?

Not too late but might have to amend application,plus depending what you have already applied for they might impose mentoring condition(seems to be the trend).I would just ask him for his advise while your chatting.Try and build a good repore with him as he's going to be your first port of call in the future.

Edited by Davyo

Well my after my meeting on Thursday, I was surprised yesterday when it landed on the doorstep. Very speedy!

So today it was early Christmas present time, and after a visit to the local gun shop I have come home with a CZ 452 Silhouette, with a Hawke 4-12 x 50 scope and a SAK mod.

Sadly according to the wife I'm not allowed to go out tomorrow and have a play as apparently it is some sort of big day!?

• 2 weeks later...

Bull dog things must have become much worse since July when my local FO ( Essex) called to inspect security and collect both my FAC and SGC renewal forms .That was on the Tuesday and I received both new certs Saturday morning. That's what's I call service.

Tollerman,

I sure hope mine is that easy, sent my renewal off mid November, both FAC and SGC run out on 12th Jan and I haven't heard anything yet. (Essex)