Speeding......oh ******!

junctiontwo

Deffo 14 days, including weekends, from the day AFTER the offence. I would not worry too much as very few cameras are actually working at any one time-if you do get caught, check with your Insurance company to see if they are going to load your premium for the particular offence before deciding what course of action to take-I was done for an SP30 and when I rang my Insurer they told me that the offence was so common that they did not consider it when setting the premium.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been had on the same junc 4 weeks ago letter came throught the post from Stafford police last week looking like im up for a speeding lesson or 3 points either way going to cost me £80 be glad when they finish playing on there building the jaguar factory night mare at the mo m6 and 54 camerered up all the way from Stafford to m42 and they close it at night at 5 to 7 and close the a5 at Brownhills, I work at night shop fitting and have too pass through it all puts 1/2 hr on my journey home

They have 14 days to get it out. Seems like they are a week slow here.

J.

You'll be In the clear. If you did most of it at 45-50 (assume an average of 47) and only accelerated to 70 over last couple of hundred metres it probably increased your average to 47.1. Add in the over reading of your speedo and the 10% allowance that they factor in and you are probably 10mph below getting a ticket. Chillax.

Yeah this is one time where the average speed camera system actually works in the (careful) motorist's favour! the speed you were doing over a greater distance prior to accelerating will count for a lot more than that the comparatively short time you were doing over the limit. you might be all right :)

You'll be In the clear. If you did most of it at 45-50 (assume an average of 47) and only accelerated to 70 over last couple of hundred metres it probably increased your average to 47.1. Add in the over reading of your speedo and the 10% allowance that they factor in and you are probably 10mph below getting a ticket. Chillax.

Yeah this is one time where the average speed camera system actually works in the (careful) motorist's favour! the speed you were doing over a greater distance prior to accelerating will count for a lot more than that the comparatively short time you were doing over the limit. you might be all right :)

Thanks guys. I've always assumed that the average speed is taken between any 2 consecutive cameras and not the overall distance.

Good old Shropshire Star said the other day that 1200 Numpties have so far been issued with ticket's - I am on cruise control from start to finish - most times--- but there is always some plonker doing 43mph then as you start to pass 7mph quicker they speed up.

Dave

Don't know yet Chris - just preparing myself for the worst!

Ya reckon if I sent all the PW happy thoughts to PC Plod, that he might have a change of heart?!

We can but hope! I've been done a couple of times - in my more reckless youth! - and both times it appeared on my mat within 2 days. The longer you hear nothing, the better. although, it's always the hope that's then crushed that's worse!

Sorry to make your week longer but,

The 14 days to serve certain papers will only apply to the registered owner or keeper...

If it's a company car or registered to someone else then... Papers need to be served on them... They have 28 days to reply. Papers then need to be served expeditiously on the named person and so on until it lands on your mat... Could take months!

Sorry to make your week longer but,

The 14 days to serve certain papers will only apply to the registered owner or keeper...

If it's a company car or registered to someone else then... Papers need to be served on them... They have 28 days to reply. Papers then need to be served expeditiously on the named person and so on until it lands on your mat... Could take months!

Cheers happy!

As it's a Co car, methinks a quick e-mail to HR is in order.....

wouldn't surprise me , in the west mids they have stopped funding the cameras on the b roads and making more of a nuisance on the motorways and duel carriageways with average speed cameras and mobile units

Its more of a money spinner that way, along with the variable speed limit, keep an eye out 50 50 50 40 (Gotcha) 50 50 absolutely no reason as the road is clear you have to concentrate on the gantries which distract you from the road ahead, not a safety improvement in my opinion.