rizzini or bettinsoli???

aga man

hi folks, i bought this gun almost a year ago and it has become my best gun, i shoot well with it and have done it up a bit. i plan to get some extended chokes for it next week but trying to order the correct chokes has now got me thinking.

the gun was sold to me by a RFD as a rizzini e sporter and the serial no on my cert and the receipt for the gun is correct and matches the stamped serial on the gun.

i am now thinking the gun is infact a betinsoli for two reasons.

1. the forend is unusal for a rizzini e

2. the barrels have betinsoli stamped on them.?

what chokes do i order betinsoli or rizzini? further more is this all present and correct?

i would appreciate any advice

aga man.

post-57269-0-59962800-1385234873_thumb.jpg

post-57269-0-27831200-1385234892_thumb.jpg

It looks like a couple of E Rizzinis I've had in they have a nicer forend shape but still that same engraving on the side plates also sold or badged as Lincoln No2 side plate.

E Rizzini are no more but speak to the red Kite shotgun store they are very knowledgable on the Rizzinis and should be able to help you on chokes.

I also have a Rizzini in the safe, my lads, and without wanting to be rude, the quality of wood to metal fit looks much more like the Rizzini than the Bettinsolis I have seen (and owned).

I would think it quite likely that Bettinsoli made barrels for Rizzini so chokes badged for the Rizzini should fit as well as Bettinsoli ones probably but, Red Kite sound like the people to know.

thanks -Mongrel- i see what your saying and it dosen't come accross rude at all. not sure if the wood to metal fit has anything to do with me as i re-finished it myself and am certainly no pro at this. the gun originally came with that glossy laquer type finish which probably also points to it being rizzini.

Now just a thought as I have in my gun cabinent a Italian .410 which has been in the family from new as I was there with my uncle as a young lad when he bought it and it did not come to light until it came onto my ticket that the barrel number was different from the breech.

The feo said that it must of had new barrel but I said no I know where the gun has been since new and has never been in for any repair.

So my point being is your numbers the same on barrel and breech if not has a another gun makers barrel been fitted to it. Just a thought.

thanks gordon for the picture :good:

Now just a thought as I have in my gun cabinent a Italian .410 which has been in the family from new as I was there with my uncle as a young lad when he bought it and it did not come to light until it came onto my ticket that the barrel number was different from the breech.

The feo said that it must of had new barrel but I said no I know where the gun has been since new and has never been in for any repair.

So my point being is your numbers the same on barrel and breech if not has a another gun makers barrel been fitted to it. Just a thought.

good point there john. i have checked the serial no on the barrel and it matches that on the action. i can see were your coming from though :good:

the mystery rolls on. i will contact red kite this week to see what they make of it. i'll keep you all posted. :)

Many italian makers make parts for othe makers which helps to keep costs down,

Bettinsoli is rummered to be part owned by baretta and may also make some of their barrels

The small spanish makers also make parts for each other which helps keep staff numbers down

Edited by ChrisAsh

thanks -Mongrel- i see what your saying and it dosen't come accross rude at all. not sure if the wood to metal fit has anything to do with me as i re-finished it myself and am certainly no pro at this. the gun originally came with that glossy laquer type finish which probably also points to it being rizzini.

It's less the finish, it's the hoofing great wood ridge where it meets the metal. The Bettinsolis are more smoothed into the metal work.

Hi just looking at your gun , and had to get my Bettinsoli Tarcisio out of cabinet to check ,, the barrels are definitely bettinsoli , the forend has the same upswept end as mine does but different pitted grip pattern ,, the circular engraving just after the the foreend on the action is the same markings as i have but different scene after ,, hope this helps a little ,,David

thanks for the input fella's. The story so far is, i tried to contact red kite shotguns as advised but unfortunately couldn't even get anyone to answer the phone. i spoke to another helpful chap at another aftermarket choke suppliers and he said "yep it's a rizzini they have 3 different types of choke and i know the exact one's you want" any way the said fella sent me some extended chokes and guess what? they don't fit! i have now sent the chokes back along with one of mine for a pattern. I have also sent an email to bettinsoli asking if they recognise the serial no.

will keep you all posted.

Hey-up aga i have had 3 Rizzinis over the years all been side plates and looking at yours from the pic i would say its a bettinsoli made gun. I have never seen a Rizzini with the screews were they are and a fore end like that. But if you like it and can shoot it i dont think it matters what it is the thead on the choke at the bottom end of the choke or from half way upto the top of the choke.

PC1

cheers PC1 hope your on the mend ok pal. i got my new chokes today and it seems although i have had no reply from bettinsoli the gun is infact a bettinsoli labelled as a rizzini. the info has come from a very reputable rfd who produced a picture of a bettinsoli sideplate and it was a case of spot the diffrence. any how the chokes for the gun are berreta mobil which again the rfd said berreta made barrels/chokes for bettinsoli at some point. none of the rizzini or lincoln after market chokes would fit and it has been difficult to match hence the wondering what the gun is. i will pop out tommorow and pattern the chokes but they look very smart :good: