New gun!!

RossEM

Bought this Parker Hale a month or so ago. It only cost £220 and I'm convinced that I've had a good bargain here, as the design and build quality looks to be as good as a lower-end Browning. Had it checked by my gunsmith mate and he reckoned the condition is excellent and it's been well looked after. It does look almost new to me. He also said these Parker Hale guns are identical to the Winchester 101XTR made in the 1980s? Anyone have any more information about these guns? It's fitted with a Kickeez pad, has Birmingham proof marks, single selective trigger, 27" barrels with fixed chokes.

post-14318-0-29993100-1385315176_thumb.jpg

post-14318-0-11352000-1385315188_thumb.jpg

post-14318-0-04222600-1385315214_thumb.jpg

post-14318-0-73078400-1385315231_thumb.jpg

It will be choked 1/4 and 3/4. Game gun. You have got an absolute bargain - and I do mean absolute. £600 of anyone's money.

Forget lower end Browning - the Winchester 101 - Parker Hale 800 series are top flight.

It was made in the Winchester factory in Japan and is a Winchester 101 model.

Edited by Gordon R

It will be choked 1/4 and 3/4. Game gun. You have got an absolute bargain - and I do mean absolute. £600 of anyone's money.

Forget lower end Browning - the Winchester 101 - Parker Hale 800 series are top flight.

It was made in the Winchester factory in Japan and is a Winchester 101 model.

Good to know, thanks Gordon. The reason mentioned Browning is that mine looks very similar apart from the trigger guard - I wonder if Japanese Brownings are built in the same factory as the Winchester/Parker Hale guns were?

Out of curiosity does the serial number start with a 'K' .? If so, me thinks it'll be of Japanese origin. I understand the company that made these top notch Winchester, Nikko, Shadow and Parker Hale series of O/U's ceased gun manufacturing and reverted back to car component build therefore later PH's etc were, I believe built in Italy..